Whats with that shit, ebay rel

AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
these bidders with the asterisks in their ebay ID's ? that shit looks junk mail. is that some nouveau shit i'm not up on?u**kandp**pande**ywtf is that? everyone who bid on my record has that going on. is that some whale shit? i am high as the moon and my friend keeps pouring me pineapple juice and white rum and the loud ass sound system down the lane helped me stay alert to check the end of my auction i did with bob d so i might be just out of it but this asterisk shit is new to me.http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=160319925609everyfucking body who bid has that shit going on......!!!!!!!!!CRAZY?

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    do you still need that annette peacock? holler at me via email since my PMs are eternally broken...

oh the *** in the names are for privacy according to eBay, one of their wack new chances in the past year or so

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    do you still need that annette peacock? holler at me via email since my PMs are eternally broken...

oh the *** in the names are for privacy according to eBay, one of their wack new chances in the past year or so

hey mark. whats good....
    no i got one from aleit actually thanks tho good looks

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Godamn, that auction hurts my eyes so bad.

The Dzudk is insane!

• THE SHRINK WRAP OF THE RECORD IS CONSISTENT WITH SHRINK WRAP USED BY VERVE IN THE MID ???60s: THIS IS A BRITTLE, CRISPY, NON-STRETCHABLE SHRINK WRAP WHICH WAS DISCONTINUED AROUND 1967/68.

'nough said

• THE SHRINK WRAP OF THE RECORD IS CONSISTENT WITH SHRINK WRAP USED BY VERVE IN THE MID ???60s: THIS IS A BRITTLE, CRISPY, NON-STRETCHABLE SHRINK WRAP WHICH WAS DISCONTINUED AROUND 1967/68.

'nough said

I'd expect detail like that if I was shelling out $2700. I'm impressed with the detail he's put into that auction, even information about mono mixing

• If I would by buy a $2700 record I actually would prefer if the record was opened and graded M- instead of sealed. But that's just me..

Never understod this hype with records being sealed..

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    these bidders with the asterisks in their ebay ID's ?

I also believe it was done to prevent users contacting each other and agreeing a sale outside of ebay. Seems ebay are getting more and more aggressive in the quest for their slice of da action. Like, they pull ads on the reg that say "Advertised elsewhere so reserve the right to end early" - they take this as the seller offering would-be buyers to come with external offers.

Sockcookers, the lot of 'em.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    If I would by buy a $2700 record I actually would prefer if the record was opened and graded M- instead of sealed. But that's just me..

Never understod this hype with records being sealed..

I think you're missing part of the point in owning sealed records: you don't unseal it. It just stays in the collection; most people have a second "open" copy of the same LP.

It's a very particular kind of object fetishism - you want the "original" in its "original, pure" state. Whether the record inside is warped or whatever is besides the point: you're not buying it to play it. You're paying for the object preserved in the exact same state that it first came out of the factory in.

I don't buy sealed records I don't intend on playing but I understand why people want sealed records they never open.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    Another one Bob D just wrapped auction for me (ironically with a "Bob D." record, the original Bob D.)

I don't know how he does it??? but i will keep my mouth shut and never question it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOB-DYLAN-1st-ALBUM-...A1%7C240%3A1318

• Another one Bob D just wrapped auction for me (ironically with a "Bob D." record, the original Bob D.)

I don't know how he does it??? but i will keep my mouth shut and never question it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOB-DYLAN-1st-ALBUM-...A1%7C240%3A1318

I love the insane mathemagic...

We would be willing to bet big money that, out of those 500 copies initially produced, less than 200 survive worldwide and that, out of those 200, probably less than 100 copies can be accounted for. Of those 100, probably less than 70 copies are in playable condition. How many of them are still NEAR MINT after almost half a century? Nobody knows. Our qualified guess is less than 50. This is one of those monumentally rare pieces. A cornerstone ??? if not the proverbial Holy Grail ??? for any Dylan collector.