what planet what station appreciation (day)

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited July 2005 in Soul Strut

i know we've talked about Day's 12" on Milk Crate What Planet What Station b/w It Still Ain't Hard to Tell, but I got it back into heavy rotation.

what a monster track!

those cuts leading up to the little muted vocal breakdown and then that hammond comes in...

REFUCKINGTARDED!!! give it up

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Wait for the new shit, god.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    yes, shit is haught!!

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Joint is the truth!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    day secretly wants to get his disco stu on........

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    i know we've talked about Day's 12" on Milk Crate What Planet What Station b/w It Still Ain't Hard to Tell, but I got it back into heavy rotation.

what a monster track!

those cuts leading up to the little muted vocal breakdown and then that hammond comes in...

Maybe you should start writing for Turntable Lab.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

what a monster track!

that would be so great. but i can't seem to make smarmy characterizations of the people who might buy the record just get caught up in how it sounds.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    I've been hitting up Day's myspace profile at least once a week just to get my fix - shit is banging - Day, did you get my message??? Hit a brotha back!

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    BTW, the Nas remix he did was a heeter also............ I don't even want make beats no more.....

• those cuts leading up to the little muted vocal breakdown

We must do all we can

To understand

A better plan (?)

....and make a better world [/b]

and then those Horns come in

• dear dj day,

please distribute your japanese records to north american retailers or online english vendors so that i may one day own a copy.

- me

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    OOF

You guys got me blushing like a school girl over here.

The follow up to "What Planet" should be out in a few months. I'm wrapping it up as I type this.

If anyone is interested in carrying the Japan releases contact Yasu @ Subcontact (main@subcontact.net). The distribution over there is out of my hands. :/

Thank you all

• If anyone is interested in carrying the Japan releases contact Yasu @ Subcontact (main@subcontact.net). The distribution over there is out of my hands. :/

Done.

best,

yournumberonedutchsupporter, yo!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Amazing. Whenever I play it for folks, they be like: "Whuzzthis?" Can't wait for the follow up.

h

• Maybe you should start writing for Turntable Lab.

that would be so great. but i can't seem to make smarmy characterizations of the people who might buy the record just get caught up in how it sounds.

so caught up that you use such brilliantly poetic and vivid descriptions as 'what a monster track!' and 'REFUCKINGTARDED!'

at least i know it has muted vocals and an organ sample and some cuts, son - CUTS

not to subtract from the man at hand in this post, because he is indeed that guy. yeah you know, the one. with the beats and shit.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I've been hitting up Day's myspace profile at least once a week just to get my fix - shit is banging - Day, did you get my message??? Hit a brotha from the back!

AYO!

• even most don't stretch his pasue's that far, D.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    ok, party people........go buy day's new 45 here.

yes they do overseas shipping

• awallawall 673 Posts

If anyone is interested in carrying the Japan releases contact Yasu @ Subcontact (main@subcontact.net). The distribution over there is out of my hands. :/

wow, had no idea it was out on subcontact! i'm doing a 12" with them as well. should be dropping around september.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Really? What's that all about? And can we get an advanced listen?

• awallawall 673 Posts
    Really? What's that all about? And can we get an advanced listen?

yes, go to the female fun website...there are a couple tracks in the jukebox (alongside prince paul, j rawls and the new sadat x single none the less!)...it's under Spencer Doran. my bio is up there and shit too.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Dope - i'm feeling it. Nice Coryell chop too!

Are you playing any instruments on this or is it all sampled?

so caught up that you use such brilliantly poetic and vivid descriptions as 'what a monster track!' and 'REFUCKINGTARDED!'

at least i know it has muted vocals and an organ sample and some cuts, son - CUTS

not to subtract from the man at hand in this post, because he is indeed that guy. yeah you know, the one. with the beats and shit.

"like Z-trip but more gay."

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    even most don't stretch his pasue's that far, D.

Man, what are you talking about? The admission of needing a daily fix of another dude's myspace page alone warranted an AYO.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

yes, go to the female fun website...there are a couple tracks in the jukebox (alongside prince paul, j rawls and the new sadat x single none the less!)...it's under Spencer Doran. my bio is up there and shit too.

shit is ill awall, thats one hell of a label line up as well, let me know when some shit drops I can get our hands on...

• loginlogin 52 Posts
    Milk Crate

Do they have a website?

i tried to post link to get the 12, but i can't find any.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

I JUST HAD AN OOOOHHHH SHIT MOMENT! Ain't that the shit?

ps: Day, I cry myself to sleep at night (ayo?). Is there ANYWHERE where I could still get one of these?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I JUST HAD AN OOOOHHHH SHIT MOMENT! Ain't that the shit?

ps: Day, I cry myself to sleep at night (ayo?). Is there ANYWHERE where I could still get one of these?

I have that record. What does it sound like? Is that the source?

Oh shit.

• i tried to post link to get the 12, but i can't find any.

here fellow strutter Olski runs milk crate.