Favorite Hendrix Record

2»

Comments

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    I prefer Buddy Miles's singing to Jimi Hendrix.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    The Rainbow Bridge movie is one of the absolute worst, funniest hippie artifacts of all time. Jimi is so shitfaced in this scene it's hilarious:

• Electric Ladyland is the one for me. Two wonderfully produced LPs. Just classic!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

buddy miles was hardly a 'simplistic', one-dimensional player who absolutely paled in comparison to MM (who was admittedly a great drummer but with a totally different sound).

Sorry, but as a drummer, Buddy does pale in comparison to MM, in fact most rock drummers pale in comparison to MM...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

buddy miles was hardly a 'simplistic', one-dimensional player who absolutely paled in comparison to MM (who was admittedly a great drummer but with a totally different sound).

Sorry, but as a drummer, Buddy does pale in comparison to MM, in fact most rock drummers pale in comparison to MM...

This is an age old debate.

Yeah Mitchell had a wilder/jazzier/flourishes.

Miles hit harder and was way more "in the pocket" than Mitchell.

Its really depends on how u prefer Jimi.

MM could "keep up" w/ Jimi if he went "out there".

Buddy had that hard metronome funk that Jimi could soar against/over.

I prefer MM overall. But when it comes to that Funk shit, Miles gave it up.

When i hear the opening to Little Miss Lover - its funky but it lacks a little punch and its stiff......IMO.

• Mitch couldn't hold a pulse, a shuffle or keep it low down like Buddy, and likewise Buddy wasn't one to mess with erupting polyrhythms and subtle colourings like Mitch.

Buddy didn't suit some of the early experience material but Mitch couldn't fill Buddy's shoes when it came to, say, Machine Gun..