Midi Device Help

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Has anybody had a chance to use the MAudio Trigger Finger?I'm looking for something with pads to use with Live. I used to own the MPD-16 with Logic, but I didn't like how the pads felt and responded...but now I wish I had it around to see if it works better with Live.Anyway, I also like the sliders and knobs on the Trigger Finger. I'm just wondering how the pads feel before I make a decision. I'm not close to a Guitar Center or anything, so I'm basically counting on recommendation. Any other padded midi device suggetions are also welcome.Thanks, ya'll.

Comments

• snosno 332 Posts
    They are not shipped to retailers yet. I have placed a pre-order and will let you know how the pads feel as soon as it comes in. Hopefully its not MPD redux because those MPD pads are way too stiff IMHO.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Yeah, let me know how that works out. I was pretty dissapointed with how those pads felt, but the opinions seem to be mixed. One site I read (i think it was FutureProducers) somebody said you just need to break them in real good, but I had mine for over a year and was never happy with it.

• snosno 332 Posts
    Same here. forget about breaking in the MPD pads because they cannot be broken in. They are as stiff as they are going to be because they are not the same made with the MPC pads.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    That's what I thought...weak. Maybe Akai thought people wouldn't bother getting an MPC if the MPD had the same quality pads. Definitely wouldn't put it past them. Somebody on here was talking about buying replacement pads for their MPC - just curious how that worked out...

• snosno 332 Posts
    Hope the MPD pads can be retrofitted with spongy MPC pads...but my guess is that the MPD pads are bigger than those MPC pads, no?