Pinoy Rock - Anyone know this?

jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Found this a couple days ago and couldnt find any $ info or if folks were even after this. has some nice rock tunes and a couple bluesy rock tracks. any help would be appreciated. thank you.

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Isn't that stuff from the Philipines? Sorry, no idea what this is going for. Looks raer though...

• Did you get that at a Goodwill in SF?

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    WHAT THE SHIT?
    do you know Juan De La Cruz?????
    they are the greatest!!!
    this is a later offshoot...u found at a thrift??
    jeeeez louise!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i know not but i have one on the same sunshine label. the rigor bro's are where its at. spanky rigor and male rigor!

a sip of the lambanog

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts

dapad pinoy rock laaaaaang!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

this is known "disco", kind of a crossover band just like Dakila... good stuff
    Jose Mari Chan and ummm that all female comp have more heat
    there's more great Filipino LPs, one called "Electros" or something that is straigt fire, I sold it last year

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

ur kicking it to a real manong. its all just musics to us.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    WHAT THE SHIT?
    do you know Juan De La Cruz?????
    they are the greatest!!!
    this is a later offshoot...u found at a thrift??
    jeeeez louise!

I have a Juan De La Cruz LP around here somewhere. Black and white cover I believe.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

hahaha

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Yeah, it's a "famous" comp of the heavy hitters of Philipino 70's rock. I think it was booted with a different cover a few years back. Most of those guys were in Juan de la Cruz.

Sure, heavy psych collectors would want this - I have the boot and there's some cool stuff on it.

Never saw it for sale, but I'd guess $150 - $250

If yer sellin' lemme know.

• Please to save and sell me all your Pinoy rock LPs.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts

hot

• PAGING KAZUSA!

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    It's a $100 record, or so that's what it seems to go for simply because of the song selection. It got booted by Breeder years back for some reason. It's a comp of stuff that came out on Sunshine which explains why Abarakadabara, Anak Bayan and Bits N Pieces were excluded, but doesn't explain why Maria Cafra was included, as the only lp they had wasn't on Sunshine. What year is this release? I guess it's possible Maria Cafra was dealing with Sunshine in the form of singles before they released their debut. I never really took too much time to look into that, but it could make sense. If memory serves me correct the Maria Cafra dropped in 78.

I will say Breeder is a bit weak for releasing this as a boot. It's not a great "comp" and really they could have made a really good Pinoy comp if they just took time to gather some of the better Pinoy lp's together and make their own selections.

• It's a $100 record, or so that's what it seems to go for simply because of the song selection. It got booted by Breeder years back for some reason. It's a comp of stuff that came out on Sunshine which explains why Abarakadabara, Anak Bayan and Bits N Pieces were excluded, but doesn't explain why Maria Cafra was included, as the only lp they had wasn't on Sunshine. What year is this release? I guess it's possible Maria Cafra was dealing with Sunshine in the form of singles before they released their debut. I never really took too much time to look into that, but it could make sense. If memory serves me correct the Maria Cafra dropped in 78.

I will say Breeder is a bit weak for releasing this as a boot. It's not a great "comp" and really they could have made a really good Pinoy comp if they just took time to gather some of the better Pinoy lp's together and make their own selections.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts