The Epitome of Falling Off

ThermosThermos 307 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/coolio%20injured%20in%20stage%20dive_1096434
Rapper COOLIO was injured during a gig in Stoke-on-Trent, England, after a stage dive into the audience went wrong.The hip-hop star was performing at Staffordshire University's Students' Union on Wednesday (25Feb09) night, when he decided to leap into the crowd.But the audience parted, sending the star crashing to the floor. The students them reportedly mobbed the rapper, stealing his bandana, jewellery and shoes before the star was rescued by the venue's security team.Barman James Fielden, who witness the event, says, "(Coolio) nearly flattened one poor girl. Then all the students decided to launch on him. They grabbed whatever they could, including his trainers, watch, chains and glasses. He was pulled back on stage by the bouncers. They got his shoes back for him."
Damn.

Comments

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Rough week for Coolio

b/w

Can't believe this is a separate incident from dude getting busted with some rocks at the airport...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    FOOLIO

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I feel bad for dude. I've always had a soft spot for him since he overcame his crack addiction and made a name for himself.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Who would go see him in the first place?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

He was a 'contestant' on this years Celebrity Big Brother, so he's now taking part in what they call a promotions tour, where they'll visit the very worst kind of night clubs and student nights, up and down the country. It's bottom of the rung celebrity desperation territory.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    I feel bad for dude. I've always had a soft spot for him since he overcame his crack addiction and made a name for himself.

Yeah, "County Line" was a west coast classic. Dude seriously has fallen off, but he always seemed (at least to me) to be a decent, non-asshole type dude.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    overcame his crack addiction

define "overcame"......

• a decent, non-asshole type dude.

And look where that got him.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

He was a 'contestant' on this years Celebrity Big Brother, so he's now taking part in what they call a promotions tour, where they'll visit the very worst kind of night clubs and student nights, up and down the country. It's bottom of the rung celebrity desperation territory.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Dude seriously has fallen off, but he always seemed (at least to me) to be a decent, non-asshole type dude.

He hath tooked it there in Germoney already. Didnt do it him well....

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Haha, that's what I first thought of when I read of the tragedy that befell (pun intended) the one Coolio.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Weird Al always gets the last laugh.