Mulatu / The Heliocentrics

ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
This leaked a couple weeks ago.. has anyone else heard it yet? I'll definitely be copping this one.

Comments

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

This leaked a couple weeks ago.. has anyone else heard it yet?

I'll definitely be copping this one.

YESSSSS, lots of dope stuff on this one!

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    i had only seen those clips from this video and dam it sounds so fresh

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    Link?

• Wow, that was amazing! Anyone know when the album will be out?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Dope! Excited to get a copy of this.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Sounds dope. Redbull seems to have their fingers in a lot of good pies.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Will def. cop this.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    holy shit. when does this drop?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Yeah, been listening a lot to this the last two weeks. Some really good tracks on this. A big step up from "Out There" (way too noodly and nondescript IMO). The new LP is more varied and actually has some recognizable themes. Still a couple of songs that I'm not quite feeling, but I'd say it the hit rate is about 75%. I dig the slow, brooding tracks like "Chik Chikka", "Phantom Of The Panter" and "Dewel" the most.
    I'll buy this when it drops.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    in the "so good i have to buy" pile

coversleeve could have been more epic though

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    in the "so good i have to buy" pile

^^^^^^^^
    Not feeling Mulatu's elbows

• in the "so good i have to buy" pile

???

• ^^^ hahaha!

i'm buying this! what a dope release! when this was anounced i thought this must be the most exciting releases of 2009...

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    ^^^ hahaha!

i'm buying this! what a dope release! when this was anounced i thought this must be the most exciting releases of 2009...

Indeed.... this shit is crazy!

As soon as it drops it shall be copped.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    This record is kinda boring and uninspired--nothing really stands out melodically or harmonically. There's some funky drums and noodling and then the song is over. Where's the energy and virtuosity? Where's the pain and anger?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    This record is kinda boring and uninspired--nothing really stands out melodically or harmonically. There's some funky drums and noodling and then the song is over. Where's the energy and virtuosity? Where's the pain and anger?

I wholeheartedly agree.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Say man, what was it that you contribute to the world again?

Nothing?

Oh, that's right.

Nothing.

- spidey

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

It's impossible to listen to this record completely unbiased.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Say man, what was it that you contribute to the world again?

Nothing?

Oh, that's right.

Nothing.

- spidey
    I make sure people don't mistake lukewarm for hot, and in doing so I often shatter fragile worlds.

• Anyone know if is plans to release the live session that was broadcast on Gilles Peterson Worldwide? Or if they're gonna be included on this release? They did some dope covers on that show.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

It's impossible to listen to this record completely unbiased.

Yes, but I hear what reynaldo is saying, and the "banging drums w. noodles" tracks are the ones I don't really care for that much. The slower, moody tracks around the middle part of the album are the ones I keep returning to.

• Cheers for that. Also found a copy of the recording I heard:

mulatu_astatke_and_the_heliocentrics-bbc_maida_vale_session-fm-2008
    http://www.badongo.com/file/9150021