Heatwave "Party Poops" like/dis

BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central

I fully embrace the harmonies of this group and this song, but am out of order of not fully liking this song, it has/had potential.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Its alright.

In the context of the album it works.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

I think that album it comes from "Central Heating" is a party pooper, couldn't find
    any songs to play out.

I think that album it comes from "Central Heating" is a party pooper, couldn't find
    any songs to play out.

YOU SHOULD STAB YOURSELF.

This is Proto-Off The Wall.

U can also rock this shit w/ the right complemetary joints around it.

and then at the end of the night - u can grab a shorty and slow dance w/ her for the last song....

Or Mind Blowing Decisions which u could rock the Bridge and then throw on Nice & Smooth during a "(yawn)Golden Age" Set.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

YOU SHOULD STAB YOURSELF.

needle drop errors. that song was exempt from my goodwill copy. knew that song never knew the name. might as well been boogie nights.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    That album has bits and fragments that are unbelievable and untouchable like thier harmonies and intros, just thought I was getting the whole kitten and caboodle. No hate, just analysis.

That album has bits and fragments that are unbelievable and untouchable like thier harmonies and intros, just thought I was getting the whole kitten and caboodle. No hate, just analysis.

Ill agree its crazy uneven, but to say there's nuthin to play "out" is wrong.

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts
    "Star of the Story" is favorite slowjam ever status

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    but to say there's nuthin to play "out" is wrong.

Your honor if I could approach the bench, in defense of my first statement I was trying to find something from this LP that wasn't the obvious or typical to this release. I do concur though, there is something to be played out.

• How crazy would it of been if Rod Temperton gave all the Michael material to these dudes? Man, if I was in Heatwave I would of been PISSED on some

"WHAT THE F*ck ROD!!?!!? YOU GIVE SOME DUDE "P.Y.T", "BABY BE MINE", ETC ETC....and us....??!?!?"

"Star of the Story" is favorite slowjam ever status

Neo-Soul Version...Grenique.

but to say there's nuthin to play "out" is wrong.

Your honor if I could approach the bench, in defense of my first statement I was trying to find something from this LP that wasn't the obvious or typical to this release. I do concur though, there is something to be played out.

Your Honor - the defendant has clearly overlooked the album's classics. In his attempt to appear like he wanted to incorporate a Heatwave track into his "FunkyBlackManDisco" repertoire, he failed to recognize how integral the existing classics were to Disco and R&B's canon.

Motion to have him serve 90 days in the Black Community!

How crazy would it of been if Rod Temperton gave all the Michael material to these dudes? Man, if I was in Heatwave I would of been PISSED on some

"WHAT THE F*ck ROD!!?!!? YOU GIVE SOME DUDE "P.Y.T", "BABY BE MINE", ETC ETC....and us....??!?!?"

Rod Temperton Interview/Off The Wall Bonus Track

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

ha, if they want me they can have me, but did the Black Community faithfully brace Heatwave nor this particular release, that being a group of musicians from an English Island miles away.

My plantiff would like to present to the courts and yourself, "Lay it on Me" and "All You Do is Dial" as exhibits of past performances and tracks committed to.

ha, if they want me they can have me, but did the Black Community faithfully brace Heatwave nor this particular release, that being a group of musicians from an English Island miles away.

My plantiff would like to present to the courts and yourself, "Lay it on Me" and "All You Do is Dial" as exhibits of past performances and tracks committed to.

Both albums are Black EXP Classics.

There's a Dr.Manhattan/Phill Most Poast about these gems.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Both albums are Black EXP Classics.

There's a Dr.Manhattan/Phill Most Poast about these gems.

Aight, see you next year.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Trippin man. Central Heating is so good. This jawn rocks too, in that clavinet kinda way:

This is one of those albums to me that walks the line of gloss perfectly.