King Of Kong: Fistful of Quarters

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
awesome documentary about Donkey Kong supremacy and the evil villain who refuses to lose...go watch it seriously

Comments

• awesome documentary about Donkey Kong supremacy and the evil villain who refuses to lose...

go watch it seriously

VIVA STEVE WIEBE!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Awesome movie!

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    awesome documentary about Donkey Kong supremacy and the evil villain who refuses to lose...

go watch it seriously

VIVA STEVE WIEBE!

Steve Wiebe is THE MAN and Billy Mitchell is a dicksnot. for real.

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    heard about it a minute ago. where can i see it???

It's out on dvd. (Or it could probably found on the internet somewhere.)

http://video.google.com/videosearch?clie...num=4&ct=title#

not good quality at all but after 5 minutes you forget about that

• If you do rent the DVD and the cover has a dude playing DK on the front, pop the front cover out and check out the Scott Morse illustration on the inside of the jacket. It's awesome.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    One of my favorites of 07'

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    awesome documentary about Donkey Kong supremacy and the evil villain who refuses to lose...

go watch it seriously

VIVA STEVE WIEBE!

I wanted Wiebe to be the man. But he was too busy being a crybaby.

Sure it was competitive, sure it was a big deal to him, but he teared up like three times during the movie. Man the fusk up, dude -- it's Donkey Kong.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

go watch it seriously

VIVA STEVE WIEBE!

I wanted Wiebe to be the man. But he was too busy being a crybaby.

Sure it was competitive, sure it was a big deal to him, but he teared up like three times during the movie. Man the fusk up, dude -- it's Donkey Kong.

He's a superhero AND in touch with his emotions. Deal.

he was the man. evil villain Mitchell was on some shit obviously cheating! dude probably never played Kong ever...

he doesnt own the game (or didnt) and never competed live. dude is a chump!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    The good thing about documentaries is that it doesn't have to be black and white.

Billy Mitchell was/is a jag. Wiebe is an OK dude but kind of a weenie as well. He spent an insane amount of time playing an old videogame because he was unsuccessful as an athlete and seemed to have a rather mundane suburban lifestyle. He then got asshurt when the videogame community did not embrace him with open arms.

The good thing about documentaries is that it doesn't have to be black and white.

Billy Mitchell was/is a jag. Wiebe is an OK dude but kind of a weenie as well. He spent an insane amount of time playing an old videogame because he was unsuccessful as an athlete and seemed to have a rather mundane suburban lifestyle. He then got asshurt when the videogame community did not embrace him with open arms.

yea come to think of it they both sucked! Awesome Guy or whoever it was is the illest....

• calkutacalkuta 160 Posts
    yeah but Wiebe is also pretty sick on his lil dude's drum kit!!

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    I just watched this one, it's got some of the same entertaining weirdos

Chasing Ghosts: Beyond the Arcade (2007)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479879/

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

• Ahh yes... like the abortion issue.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Billy Mitchell cheated.

Wiebe set the record with his son whining and yelling at him the whole time. As a parent, I can appreciate that level of focus.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

Watching "Chasing Ghosts" right now and I am totally shocked to see that one of my co-workers is an interviewee in the movie. He has never let on at all about a past as a video-game badass so I can't wait to ask him about it!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Billy Mitchell cheated.

Wiebe set the record with his son whining and yelling at him the whole time. As a parent, I can appreciate that level of focus.

Maaan that part where his son was yelling "I need you to wipe!" had me rolling. Real dads know the deal.

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts

Watching "Chasing Ghosts" right now and I am totally shocked to see that one of my co-workers is an interviewee in the movie. He has never let on at all about a past as a video-game badass so I can't wait to ask him about it!

Really? Hope he's not the guy with the crappy life story (sped up for comedic effect).

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

Really? Hope he's not the guy with the crappy life story (sped up for comedic effect).

haha, no. He actually comes across as one of the more well adjusted interviewees in the movie, although we generally consider him to be kind of a flake. He's the guy who wears sunglasses in his interviews. He has never mentioned any of this, and since he was in the movie I don't think that hes trying to hide his videogame past. But for some reason I feel like I should ask him about it before I tell everyone else at work.

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    The King of Kong had a certain bias because the Mitchell guy just wouldn't cooperate with the film-maker. Mitchell played with Wiebe a couple of times without any cameras around. He reclaimed the record while playing in front of some mortgage brokers convention or something a couple years ago.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Awesome movie!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    If you do rent the DVD and the cover has a dude playing DK on the front, pop the front cover out and check out the Scott Morse illustration on the inside of the jacket. It's awesome.

My local spot had all their copies displayed this way. You're right, it IS awesome as is the documentary.

• dmadma 36 Posts
    I hate Billy Mitchell. Douche.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I loved this shit. Highly recommended.