Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

SO overlooked. The LP is great.

Which LP is that?

Don't Go To Strangers on Prestige.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Gary Higgins- Red Hash
    Karen Beth- The Joys of Life

Cosign. Hey Aleit, Drag City just reissued that Gary Higgins red hash album. Great loner folk/psych stuff. Also check out that Jandek documentary if you haven't already. Also Georgia Kelly's albums seapeace and tarashanti are really nice, solo harp lp's. The Cake "a slice of" on decca is rad. Also George Cromarty "grassroots guitar" (think thats what its called, I'm at work) It's mostly instrumental Fahey esque with vocals on one song that kinda sound like N.Drake.

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts

Two words: Foot Loose.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Gary Higgins- Red Hash

Cosign. Hey Aleit, Drag City just reissued that Gary Higgins red hash album. Great loner folk/psych stuff. Also check out that Jandek documentary if you haven't already. Also Georgia Kelly's albums seapeace and tarashanti are really nice, solo harp lp's. The Cake "a slice of" on decca is rad. Also George Cromarty "grassroots guitar" (think thats what its called, I'm at work) It's mostly instrumental Fahey esque with vocals on one song that kinda sound like N.Drake.

i'll try to check out gary higgins.

but sorry man, Jandek drives me nuts. Years ago i tried with him, i had three or four LPs, approximately .001% of his discography. I'm sorry the docu is interesting, but I just couldn't relate to his music.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

the cover of "hallelujah", damn sick performance

some songs are bright and happy and the others hurt, like black letter day

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Gary Higgins- Red Hash

i'll try to check out gary higgins.

but sorry man, Jandek drives me nuts. Years ago i tried with him, i had three or four LPs, approximately .001% of his discography. I'm sorry the docu is interesting, but I just couldn't relate to his music.

Oh I know, I hear ya. The documentary is haunting and worth a viewing though imo. That said, I don't think I could recommend Jandek to anybody.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    not obscure by any means, just hide the razorblades

I love this album. Fruit tree is one of my favorite songs ever.

• "The Prayer" by Jacob's Ladder (bay area private press from the mid-70's, on Lovejoy Records!) is melancolich as fuck. A gently cathartic male-female duet with cello and acoustic guitar. Anybody else into that song?

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Danny Cox and his version of 'Dear Prudence'.

Joey Gregorash 'Down by the river'.

Sublime business.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

^I've been feeling this lately. Kind of like Nick Drake meets Donovan, but all baroqued-out.