How much did you spend on music PURCHASING in 2008

2»

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    like $2500 on music, $1500 on equipment.
    Dude, if we're talking equipment too, it gets kinda depressing for me to think about how much I spent last year and how much I've done with it.

I'm really not sure how much I spent on music last year but I'm pretty sure the only record purchased was the Portishead album.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    WINE CELLAR

An Expedit cube holds over a case of wine.

http://i.gizmodo.com/5136947/door-in-the-floor-leads-to-amazing-spiral-wine-dungeon

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

a few g's including downloads but i can only estimate, i sort of don't wanna know for sure.[/b]

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    i wish i could spend a few g's a month on records.

budget only allows me about 200, but i always go into debt buying music =(.

sigh...

• Much less than in past years, though I did buy three or four of the most expensive 45s in my collection last year.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Close to 5,000 on records only. I don't buy digital downloads or CD's.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    probably around six or seven hundred bucks buying records...
    zilch/zero/nada selling records...
    final tally: got a couple great ones and a hundred shitty ones (my usual ratio)

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    iTunes: $3.96 (4 songs)

vinyl new and used... $10,000+ i would guess. (95% used)

edit - forgot new cd's: about $60

• About a G.

Less than in past years, for sure. Not for lack of funds, but lack of hustle.

This year will probably be much lower...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    $10,555.62

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    $10,555.62

Is that per day???

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Close to 2,000 on records only. I don't buy digital downloads or CD's (exemption: mix cd).

seriously, i cant get into the idea of paying for a bunch of 0's and 1's. then again, i might will do...

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    It was probably the first year that I sold more than I bought. I don't think I spent more than $500 in 2008. But I've already spent more over the past 2 months.

Did you guys buy new releases or old records ?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Did you guys buy new releases or old records ?

Both. I still buy new stuff on vinyl, whatever i can afford and can get my hands on...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I saved about $20,000 through illegal downloading so in my mind I'm way ahead.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Spent - 10 grand

Sold - 30 grand

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    500 Eagles

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Way too much, embarassed to even say the number. My wife is super pissed.

And I haven't even thought about slowing down. I think this is the thread to put an end to it. It's just really dumb to spend tons of cash on some plastic that just sits there and takes up space! I'm kinda over it.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    Way too much, embarassed to even say the number. My wife is super pissed.

And I haven't even thought about slowing down. I think this is the thread to put an end to it. It's just really dumb to spend tons of cash on some plastic that just sits there and takes up space! I'm kinda over it.

???

what?

anyway i spent dumb money on records and i can't get rid of jack shit. my wife doesn't care she loves it as long as everything is neat and tidy.

• Way too much, embarassed to even say the number. My wife is super pissed.

suuuuuure you are! sealed og minority band on ebay right now...

i remember i actually added up how much marcofunk dropped in one month, never mind the year.

• Options
    Not much...I'm guessing somewhere between $700-$1000.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    when I worked at Amoeba I spent a fair amount of money there, like a couple thousand a year and that was with a 30% discount. I moved and seriously hated moving the records. Now I have all these records on shelves and I am not as enthused by them as I once was. I've spent money on new music this year, but it's rare these days. I'm just trying to catch up on all the stuff I hoarded in rapid succession those previous years. I'm finding that I've taken in a lot of records I really don't want or need.

Now I'm going to build some custom shelves for the new room and I'm going to ditch a bunch of the stuff I don't need.

This year, a few hundred on vinyl. I even bought some cds at Target. I've purchased some songs from Amazon too.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Im not sure how much i dropped last year. Probably around $2500 -$3000.
    I've noticed my buying habits have changed. I still buy old stuff on vinyl. But as far as new music goes im happy with the mp3s. If im still listening to it it in a months time i'll cope the cd. If its really dope. Like PPP's new album i'll cop the wax.