MY BOX CHEVY

Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Hi Mike!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Jerms!

So you folls don't like Pastor Troy and/or box Chevy's?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I finally saw my first "donk" in SD going on to a Naval Base. I almost cheered. I don't even know why. I was just happy to see it. They shouldn't call them donk or box or anything like that, they should call them HAPPY CARS.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I thought this was pretty cool. I got bored halfway through but the lyrics were very informative. Now I know where I would procure such a car in decent shape with low mileage.

Hi Mike!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Sa**ha, long time, no hear.

It's beautiful that y'all appreciate heavy chevy's. I want to get one for my 30th birthday.

I liked them when I first moved to the US in 88. Nice unfussy design compared to a lot of 80s domestics. They were guido's parents' cars which they borrowed while saving up for the Monte Carlo. Also taxis.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I've always thought the box chevy was one of the uglier body styles.

I drove a '71 Impala two door coupe like the one below in high school. I prefer the body lines of the 60's and 70's models.

Yeah but I was in New England. Do you remember US cars and rust? In 88, in that part of the country, a 71 was not a "classic" and most of them were on bricks.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    ALL over Atlanta - but not so many endorsing Frito-Lay snack products.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    The advertising thing threw me off at first, but even that part I like now. Like, you kinda have to like a dude who likes Cheetos SO MUCH that he makes his car look a giant Cheetos bag.

I picture a dude sitting on his couch eating cheetos, and he's thinking "damn these cheetos are good. I could eat cheetos all day. I'd even eat them while driving. Exept I might get cheeto dust all over the inside of my car. If only my car was a giant cheetos bag then it wouldn't matter! hahahaha.... wait.... OH SHIT."

Then a few days later his friends are all getting phone calls as the word spreads... "hey, you know that guy Larry? Yeah, the one that's always eating Cheetos... well wait until you see what he did with his f*cking car... yeah, I'm gonna head over there right now and we are gonna cruise around and eat cheetos."