LA strut (recommendation-related)

2»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Also LACMA is donation only after 5 (open till 7). Drop a buck and enjoy 2 hours of greatness.

...while it's still there to enjoy! I've rarely seen the museum management game played so badly.

• my favorite spot is in san gabriel. its prolly no longer the best (the competition in SGV is no joke), but it is tried and true. very fresh vegetables and herbs. im not sure about their veggie options but you never know. they have both northern and southern style vietnamese food and its always busy.

http://www.goldendelirestaurant.com/Menu.html

Golden Deli is eternal. That shit's been there since when I was a teen, living in the SGV. It's still there, still going strong. Don't know what their vegan options are like but I'd imagine you could get one of their rice noodle bowls, sans fish sauce and with vegetarian spring rolls.

remember a few years ago when it burnt to the ground? i lost my shit. i didnt think they were ever coming back. i went as far as garden grove to find good vn food and it is definately there. they are not fucken around in the OC. all the weird jungle herbs and theres a few spots out there that make their own homemade sriracha. anyways, when golden deli reopened i almost cried.

• i went as far as garden grove to find good vn food and it is definately there. they are not fucken around in the OC. all the weird jungle herbs and theres a few spots out there that make their own homemade sriracha. anyways, when golden deli reopened i almost cried.

my favorite spot is in san gabriel. its prolly no longer the best (the competition in SGV is no joke), but it is tried and true. very fresh vegetables and herbs. im not sure about their veggie options but you never know. they have both northern and southern style vietnamese food and its always busy.

http://www.goldendelirestaurant.com/Menu.html

Golden Deli is eternal. That shit's been there since when I was a teen, living in the SGV. It's still there, still going strong. Don't know what their vegan options are like but I'd imagine you could get one of their rice noodle bowls, sans fish sauce and with vegetarian spring rolls.

remember a few years ago when it burnt to the ground? i lost my shit. i didnt think they were ever coming back. i went as far as garden grove to find good vn food and it is definately there. they are not fucken around in the OC. all the weird jungle herbs and theres a few spots out there that make their own homemade sriracha. anyways, when golden deli reopened i almost cried.

Ah, didn't realize they caught a fire (I wasn't living down here at that point anymore). But I do know the GD empire is going so well they've given birth to (I think) two more restaurants, including one that is kitty-corner across the street from them (in the same complex as the incredible Luscious Dumpling) and another one that was supposedly opened by some disgruntled relative down the block.

Shig: you peep out any of the pho spots in South El Monte? The ones that use shredded filet mignon?

• ^oooh! havent heard of this, u got the info?

^oooh! havent heard of this, u got the info?

http://www.laweekly.com/2008-12-11/eat-drink/pho-town-noodle-stories-from-south-el-monte/

I would just caution to go in with modest expectations. J. Gold has a tendency to make every meal he's ever had sound transcendent and most of the time, it's just merely "good."

I've been to Pho Huynh and I think my friends have been to Pho Mien and both experiences were pleasant enough just not out-of-this-world incredible. That said - razor shredded filet mignon is kind of the truth.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    I work at hotel angeleno... which is right down the street to the skirball and getty centers... We have a free courtesy car service which Im the driver for... So let me know if you want to stay there. Its at the 405 and sunset. I can probably get you a good rate just let me know.

Otherwise... I'd say check out some "broke folk" events... those dudes are really inspired and their events generally remind me why I like DJing.

I PMed you and didn't hear back yet. Can you still hook up that good rate?

I work at hotel angeleno... which is right down the street to the skirball and getty centers... We have a free courtesy car service which Im the driver for... So let me know if you want to stay there. Its at the 405 and sunset. I can probably get you a good rate just let me know.

Otherwise... I'd say check out some "broke folk" events... those dudes are really inspired and their events generally remind me why I like DJing.

F*ck that - Me and wifey need a lil mini vacation and that hotel is right up the 405 from us.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

F*ck that - Me and wifey need a lil mini vacation and that hotel is right up the 405 from us.

Share the love, man. Share the love!