My advice for the day...

2»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    as much heat as she's giving u, i guarantee she's in the same amount of pain as u.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    as much heat as she's giving u, i guarantee she's in the same amount of pain as u.

She's in pain as much as when you stick your hand in fire...yes, it burns.

• Did you whoop her ass?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Did you whoop her ass?

Leave it to the strut's most plastic-faced shitbird to walk into a grown folks thread on some look-at-me-I-still-live-with-my-parents ish.

Today, my "better half" and I put on a record fair to benefit the now, 2-headed monster of an afterschool program we are teaching at now-separate locations from each other. We threw it at Gene's Po-Boys, had probably 100 people show up, played some Mardi Gras music and such, and sold 522 dollar records. Even had this hot little blonde college student arrange to call me up afterwards to interview me for the Daily Texan. It was an amazing day, but still about 3 hours into the record fair, the barely-wife and I started acting way ill toward each other. I guess she got grumpy as this was pretty much my event and it was an overwhelming success. So next thing I know she taunts me with a "and I still don't want you" which I returned with a "not worried about that any more, because I really I hate you". All that ugliness sprung up from my daughter spilling just a little bit of bubble juice that my ex thought I didn't freak out enough over. Of course, she was the one to 1. snidely ask me at one point, "was that your girlfriend?" in reference to me greeting this young and married woman I work with and then at another point 2. "how are you gonna bring 6 people and not buy any records" in reference to this other young woman (who had her boyfriend with her) that I'm now working with at the new school, and 3. when later I called her to see if the college girl had called to interview her as well, she quickly pointed out, that the girl never had any intention to interview her as she was only interested in me. All that and now I'm the one staying "home" with our child as I assume she is doing who-knows-what out on the town with who-knows-who. Actually, she deserves it. If she wants to go push up on other dudes or whatever it now is that floats her boat, I'm finally beginning to not have it bother me all that much. The pure insanity of the overall situation has certainly had me in a state of suspended animation, where it's like I'm hoping/expecting everything to flash back to normal. But that's a long lost cause by now. The shackles be broken and there's no looking back. Hot 8 Brass Band Mardi Gras party tomorrow night, here I come...

Oh yeah, here is the playlist from my Mardi Gras set today:

Pete Fountain - Sugar Bowl Parade
    Eureka Brass Band - Just a Little While to Stay Here
    All-Star Marching Band - Second Line
    Olympia Brass Band - Olympia on Parade
    Stop, Inc. - Second Line Pt. 1
    Olympia Brass Band - It Ain't My Fault
    Dirty Dozen Brass Band - Caravan
    Rebirth Brass Band - Do Whatcha Wanna
    Professor Longhair - Big Chief
    Wild Magnolias - Shallow Water Oh Mama
    Blackbyrds - Do It Fluid
    Wild Magnolias - Two Way Pak E Way
    The Meters - Fire on the Bayou
    Wild Tchoupitoulas - Brother John
    Wild Tchoupitoulas - Meet De Boys on the Battlefront
    Professor Longhair - Go to the Mardi Gras
    Dixie Cups - Iko Iko
    Al Johnson - Carnival Time
    Ernie K. Doe - Here Come the Girls
    Lee Dorsey - Ya Ya
    Fats Domino - Walking to New Orleans
    Hawketts - Mardi Gras Mambo
    Eddie Bo - We're Doin' It (The Thang) Pt. 2
    Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time
    Parliament - Unfunky UFO
    Sly and the Family Stone - Thankful and Thoughtful
    Earth, Wind & Fire - Evil
    Kool & the Gang - Funky Stuff
    Slim - It's in the Mix
    Partners N Crime - Giving Me Luv Edit
    Shannon - Let the Music Play
    Debbie Deb - When I Hear Music

Music for the people, people. Happy Mardi Gras!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Damn dude: "suspended animation" RHKTD.

you are going through all this, still put on a record show and then post the setlist?

bringing RR to a whole new level.