The Harder They Come - on stage? WTF-R

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
WHA????? I am SO not a theatre fan (Yoo-hoooooo! Up here! I can tell you're acting!!) and this just plain scares the hell out of me. Does anyone know anything about this? Have you seen it? Heard about it? Are in it?____________________________________________Queens and reggae in Mirvish seasonTheStar.com Richard OuzounianTheatre CriticThe 2009-2010 Mirvish program, announced Tuesday morning at the Princess of Wales Theatre, will offer seven subscription offerings and two bonus plays. The seven plays are as follows.The Harder They Come, a smash hit reggae musical from London based on the famous Jamaican film starring Jimmy Cliff. [/b]Stuff Happens, a revival of the critically acclaimed 2008 Studio 180 production of David Hare's play of how the war in Iraq came to be. Fiddler on the Roof. Israeli actor Chaim Topol stars as Tevye, the role he created in Norman Jewison's film version of the Broadway classic. Little House on the Prairie, a musical version of the Laura Ingalls Wilder classic from the Guthrie Theater of Minneapolis. Young Frankenstein, the Mel Brooks musical based on his classic comedy deconstruction of the famed horror movie. Priscilla Queen of the Desert. Drag queens run wild in the Australian outback in this musical version of the cult film. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice's beloved show returns to Toronto for another visit.The two off-subscription specials are as follows.Cloud Nine. Alisa Palmer directs a brand new production of Caryl Churchill's iconic play that set the theatre on its ear nearly 30 years ago. August: Osage County. The Pulitzer and Tony award winning play about the ultimate dysfunctional family.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I bet it will be a hit.

40 somethins w/ their knit-hoodies and shit.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    will they surtitle the patois?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    And that's not the only oddity in their schedule.

Little House on the Prairie, a musical version of the Laura Ingalls Wilder classic from the Guthrie Theater of Minneapolis.

Priscilla Queen of the Desert. Drag queens run wild in the Australian outback in this musical version of the cult film.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    will they surtitle the patois?

"Honey, lets sneak some magic brownies into the theatre!"

"EXCUSE I!"

• Just like Hollywood, the theater is out of new ideas.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    And that's not the only oddity in their schedule.

Little House on the Prairie, a musical version of the Laura Ingalls Wilder classic from the Guthrie Theater of Minneapolis.

Priscilla Queen of the Desert. Drag queens run wild in the Australian outback in this musical version of the cult film.

we are getting into some serious chimpan-A to chimpan-Z territory with Little House on the Prairie.

Priscilla, I can see working though....

• will they surtitle the patois?

"Honey, lets sneak some magic brownies into the theatre!"

"EXCUSE I!"