is creepy hotels a genre?

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
cmon for real. hotels get the creepiest rap.something about close proximity to transient people with a lot of closed doors thatprovoke speculation, mystery and spooky shit. hotel > its occupants or vice versa?psychobarton finkroom 1408the one where tim roth is the bell hopand the grandaddy of them all...THE SHINING!!!!whats some other creepy hotel movies worth seeing

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    motels
    a history of violence
    blood simple
    no country for old men
    scarface

hotel
    trouble everyday

not creepy
    mystery train

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    what about creepy hotels?

kings inn in seattle on 5th ave is TERRRRRIBLE. gang fight in the parking lot in the middle of the night. internet connected kiosk in lobby that will take your money but wont let you use the internet (recption dude was like "oh yeah i forgot to tell you that it doesnt work. sorry you lost your money." ugly rooms with bad beds (we moved rooms cause the first room smelled like piss).

only plus was that it was next to an amazing donut shop. thats it though...

• stop scaring me. i have to spend valentines in that hotel in paris by myself and i'm gonna have nightmares.
    can you believe this bullshit?
    i'll be in the land that gave birth to fine chocolates, champagne and lingerie and all that sexy valentine garbage and i have to work.

that one where tim roth is the bell hop

Four Rooms

doom generation

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I haven't seen it, but I imagine Hostel was along those lines.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    Momento has some great creepy hotel scenes

Blue Velvet

• Blue Velvet

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    stop scaring me. i have to spend valentines in that hotel in paris by myself and i'm gonna have nightmares.
    i'll be in the land that gave birth to fine chocolates, champagne and lingerie and all that sexy valentine garbage and i have to work.

I may be wrong, but isn't Valentine's Day an American Holiday? If I am right, then your night in France will be no different than any other.

If I am wrong, then go treat yourself to an amazing dinner, with even better chocolate dessert. And get drunk. And dont forget your portable turntable.

• stop scaring me. i have to spend valentines in that hotel in paris by myself and i'm gonna have nightmares.

I may be wrong, but isn't Valentine's Day an American Holiday? If I am right, then your night in France will be no different than any other.

If I am wrong, then go treat yourself to an amazing dinner, with even better chocolate dessert. And get drunk. And dont forget your portable turntable.

AK girl- won't the party you DJ be full of champagne and chocolate anyway? why not partake ? won't comment on lingerie or hotel part....

i stayed in the weirdest hotel outside el paso once, i couldn't sleep because this white trash couple was having a domestic argument in the next room. i was sure someone was fixin to get killed that night.