Friday The 13th-This Is The Remake

Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
I grew up on Mama Voorhees and Jason. So I cant front on my curiosity. New Horror has been wack to me.I checked Rob Zombie's Remake of Halloween - it was alright.Anyone give a fusk?

Comments

• i was wondering how they can do a remake of the first one with jason as the killer instead of ms v?

• I grew up on Mama Voorhees and Jason. So I cant front on my curiosity. New Horror has been wack to me.

I checked Rob Zombie's Remake of Halloween - it was alright.

Anyone give a fusk?

I feel like the Rob Zombie one was something that he was, dare I say, passionate about and actually wanted to do correctly, so it came out alright. I feel like most of these other remakes are just remakes for the sake of making some easy dough. It appeals to the exact thing you mentioned, familiarity and curiosity, but most of the time the remake is half hearted.

I think this is probably a netflixer.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    micheal bay has "last house on the left" and "nightmare on elm street" coming down the pipekine.dude is cakin off the youngsters who never saw the og's.

as far as friday, i'll watch it just to see what kind of style is brought to it.maybe catch it on bootleg.

• i was wondering how they can do a remake of the first one with jason as the killer instead of ms v?

That's the first thing that came to mind.

As a kid watching that shit, I was flabberghasted that a woman/momma was the killer.

Maybe they'll do flashbacks and shit, just to keep the continuity.

I stopped at around number 4 or 5 in the series.

My favorite moment of all time was when the cat who plays Dudley on Different Strokes did what any smart muthafuska would done if they saw Jason --

RUN.... and i think either 3(in 3D) or 4 was a Copy Cat Killer if im not mistaken.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I grew up on Mama Voorhees and Jason. So I cant front on my curiosity. New Horror has been wack to me.

Yeah, this is me, too. I know this remake is going to be a pile of shit, but I also know that I'm going to see it at some point.

I've read that the film has taken elements from the first 3 films in the series. I'm curious enough to go check it out.

• i'm already regretting agreeing to go see it with some friends this weekend. i've seen an endless number of combinations of friday the 13th movies that this one is drawing from. the source material seems to be different in every story and review. i assume that the filmmakers are going to get the mother part over with as soon as possible. there's no money in homicidal old ladies. all the money is in the hockey mask.

• freddy vs.jason was all i needed. after that, i can die happy

i still need to see rob zombie halloween

• freddy vs.jason was all i needed. after that, i can die happy

I ride for Freddy vs Jason. Borrowed it from my kid nieghbor and I was entertained.

I need to see all the 90's joints like Jason In NYC and Jason X.

• I need to see all the 90's joints like Jason In NYC and Jason X.

I can remember watching this as a kid while eating little ceaser's crazy bread and dipping sauce.

I need to see all the 90's joints like Jason In NYC and Jason X.

Jason Takes Manhattan is atrociously bad and therefore kinda funny. I mean, it's bad even for a shitty horror movie, so you know that's some serious suckitude.

Jason X primarily benefits from Lexa Doig lookin' all fly and a callback to the infamous "zip the victim up in a sleeping bag and bang 'em against a tree" killing.

I can remember watching this as a kid while eating little ceaser's crazy bread and dipping sauce.

How old are you - Jason X is '02.

• lol

ive slept criminally on horror movies the last five years. are there some must see joints out there? the saw series?

ohh, i forgot about a thread i wanted to start

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I just thought it was the 13th installment of friday the 13th.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    freddy vs.jason was all i needed. after that, i can die happy

haha, no doubt.

It settled many playground bets from yesteryear.

Here is a link to the documentary on the 13th series...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFsdpWRqdVw

no, I haven't figured out how to embed yet.

How old are you - Jason X is '02.

no, I meant whatever the manhattan one was. All I remember is some dude getting killed on a roof top. I don't even remember what year it was, but it had to be early 90s. I'm almost 30. I was in middle school, so probably 91 or so.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    From the trailer it looked like it has his mum (1) Sackhead Jason (2) and then proper gigantic mutant retarded Jason (3 onwards).

For all my pretensions to high art, Horror movies are one of my favourite ways to unwind and I'm a big fan of the Friday 13th series. While the first one is an ok slasher movie quickie parts 2, 3 and 4 are truly outstanding entries in the genre. Five wouldn't be far off if it weren't for the biggest F*ck up of a twist in a single movie series.

After that they start going down hill rapidly as the censors slowly removed all gore from the films. 6 has some amusing bits and, as mentioned above, 8 has to be seen to be believed (these days it would probably get a 12 rating in the UK).

The attempted reinvention and kill off of Jason in 9 was a misstep as was the overall ideas of X (though the tree scene is a highlight).

I thoughly enjoyed Freddie Vs Jason but still haven't been tempted by the new one. While there's no great art orlegacy to detroy like there was with Halloween (which I thought was ok but missed the point of the original entirely) the whole thing looks like it's filmed in the same horrible filtered sheen way that The Hills Have Eyes remake was which leaves me feeling cold and disinterested.

If you want to see an entertaining remake of an eighties slasher movie i can recommend My Bloody Valentine 3D which did just fine.

After that they start going down hill rapidly as the censors slowly removed all gore from the films.

Yeah, it seems like from part 6 on, they kind of embraced the campiness of it and decided to just plain get silly.

I actually didn't think Jason Goes to Hell was all that bad. It wasn't good per se, but as long as you take it as more of a spin-off than a proper F13 movie (what with the whole "spirit of Jason jumping from person to person" deal), it works out OK. The scene where Jason breaks the burger cook's arm in half always makes me cringe, though.

• I loved Jason X but not for the horror aspect. It made laugh really hard... I mean the premise is so stupid having Jason on a space ship. Then some how he gets an upgrade and is half metal???? hahahhaah I love bad movies and this really hit the spot. Lot of stupid shit goes down in this movie, I think some stoned college kids must have wrote it....

So after that I have to say I'm pretty curious about the new one and I mean he falls back to earth at the end of jason X... So I would hope there is some reference to that in the new one or there's some more spaceships. Also there were some surprisingly hot ladies in jason X will this new one be so kind???

p.s. I think jason needs a love interest, that's something that hasn't been explored. I think she'd need to be invincible though... yeah make her invincible that'd be cool.

• "nightmare on elm street" coming down the pipekine.d

more worringly there's also a remake of Craven's late 80s turd Shocker due soon enough also.....too many remakes these days. Has no one got any original ideas left?? Fingers crossed they never remake any of the Evil Dead's

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

more worringly there's also a remake of Craven's late 80s turd Shocker due soon enough also.....

Alice Cooper as a construction worker... that movie was weird.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts

more worringly there's also a remake of Craven's late 80s turd Shocker due soon enough also.....

Alice Cooper as a construction worker... that movie was weird.

that movie has one of my favourite boom in the shot scenes.. somewhere near the start where there's a gridiron game, dude is running towards camera and on his chest you can clearly see the shadow of the camera and boom.. haven't watched it in years..