PERHACS

Comments

• I could f*ckin kick myself for passing this record up bitd.

I actually have a clean double of the ORIGINAL on Kapp if anyone needs it.

Cover is conditional (water damage on lower 1/2), but record is a beauty.

One of my all time favorites.

Cheers,
    M

How much?

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

I could f*ckin kick myself for passing this record up bitd.

I actually have a clean double of the ORIGINAL on Kapp if anyone needs it.

One of my all time favorites.

Cheers,
    M

How much?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    $200 for that? Yikes!

• $200 for that? Yikes!

MEAR NINT

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    who had that Perhacs cover with 'Benny Goodmans Greatest Hits' written on it?

show and tell will?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

YES

FIRST $199 GETS IT, FREE SHIPPING!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

patina

• wow, linda perhacs is amazing. I'm glad i finally got a chance to experience that. Thanks.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    VINYL IS CLEAN, DEALT.H!!!!

"YOU DON'T PLAY THE COVER!!!!"

• Give me about 10 minutes, and I'll get the songs up.

One of my favorite albums ever, and to quote [AM] "The undisputed queen of the hill of female psychedelia."

it wasn't when you found it with me! hater!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• Wow. Stay classy, San Diego!

• btw...the copy I have...someone straight up drew a swastika on her forehead! I'll have to post a pic...never understood that one...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    DEALT.H!!!!

I hope Raj got his cut

• btw...the copy I have...someone straight up drew a swastika on her forehead! I'll have to post a pic...never understood that one...

maybe because she slightly resembles a Manson family member?

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Really beautiful stuff. Makes me wonder what other music is out there, just waiting to be re-discovered.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Really beautiful stuff. Makes me wonder what other music is out there, just waiting to be re-discovered.

Soulstrut's very own Almond growsin up before our very eyes!

Rain ra ra ra ra remix...

off Prefuse 73's Surrounded By Silence

(Just posting this for kicks; came up in an iTunes search for "Perhacs"-r)

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts

Soulstrut's very own Almond growsin up before our very eyes!

Rain ra ra ra ra remix...

off Prefuse 73's Surrounded By Silence

(Just posting this for kicks; came up in an iTunes search for "Perhacs"-r)

Women in 1960s or 70s era folk and/or psyche are awesome but relatively "obscure" compared to their male counterparts. The most famous is probably Grace Slick, but I'd never heard of Linda Perhacs before this thread. There are probably many like her, but they're just not that popular. I like Melanie Safka (60s folk singer, Woodstock), but I only know one other person my age who's heard of her. I've come across only 1 or 2 of her records at a friend's house, put them aside to take home, but they ended up just getting mixed in with all the other dozens of orphan records. I also like Brenda Lee (girly music, I know), but I can never find her records at thrift stores and in randomly mixed crates even though she was a best-selling pop singer at one point.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'd never heard of Linda Perhacs before this thread. There are probably many like her, but they're just not that popular.

Actually, it's pretty funny, because people always try to hype records as
    "sounds like Linda Perhacs" or starting threads on here or wrts.com asking
    "what are some records that sound like Linda Perhacs" but the end result
    usually seems to be that there are actually very few albums that sound like this.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Amazing.

This is hitting the spot right now.

Used in Daft Punk's film "Electroma"...

• Options
    ^^^^^

3:45 = silouhette of a bushy vajiner.

Coincidence?

I think not.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    vajiner.

• ^^^^^

3:45 = silouhette of a bushy vajiner.

Coincidence?

I think not.

yes the whole final minute of the video is a slow, steady shot between the legs of a hairy bushed lady. the original grand canyon

• apologies for the slight thread hijack...

Women in 1960s or 70s era folk and/or psyche are awesome but relatively "obscure" compared to their male counterparts. The most famous is probably Grace Slick, but I'd never heard of Linda Perhacs before this thread. There are probably many like her, but they're just not that popular. I like Melanie Safka (60s folk singer, Woodstock), but I only know one other person my age who's heard of her. I've come across only 1 or 2 of her records at a friend's house, put them aside to take home, but they ended up just getting mixed in with all the other dozens of orphan records. I also like Brenda Lee (girly music, I know), but I can never find her records at thrift stores and in randomly mixed crates even though she was a best-selling pop singer at one point.

In the US, Brenda Lee and Melanie are dollarbin staples. Melanie may be relatively obscure now, but is remembered by those who were there (she had a few hit singles along the way).

Now, Brenda Lee is my stuff...she had her "girly girl" moments, but she had a lot more soul and grit than some jive-ass diva like Connie Francis. Later on, she became a more MOR pop singer, but she was killer when she stuck with the rock & soul. Besides a handful of singles, I have two of her elpees, and I recommend them both:

- Memphis Portrait (1970 album where she does a Dusty In Memphis kinda deal...there are a few obnoxious cover versions of "Proud Mary" and things like this, but she NAILS "Do Right Woman - Do Right Man"...)

- Brenda Lee (from 1960...some of the tuffest female rockabilly this side of Wanda Jackson)

• I'd never heard of Linda Perhacs before this thread. There are probably many like her, but they're just not that popular.

Perhacs herself wasn't that "popular" till the record collectors got to her, thirty-some years later...

Actually, it's pretty funny, because people always try to hype records as
    "sounds like Linda Perhacs" or starting threads on here or wrts.com asking
    "what are some records that sound like Linda Perhacs" but the end result
    usually seems to be that there are actually very few albums that sound like this.

all they probably mean is that they want some hippie-era female folk and they used Linda Perhacs as a reference point.

im not saying that its right or wrong, im just saying that it IS.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Wendy and Bonnie FTW.

• Perhacs > Wendy & Bonnie.