Korg Kaoss Pad [working DJ related]

dmacdmac 472 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Any working DJs here rock one of these KP3s?Was considering adding one to my gear, but wanted to get some personal opinions first. Worth the investment? Easy to use?Thanks.

Comments

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Doesn't really answer your question per se, but check how Beardyman has used two of 'em here;

• I dunno if this helps u but I've been using the kaos pad 2 for maybe 5 years now and it's nice. I was a lil skeptical when I bought it thinking it was fragile but I've done countless gigs with it and it still works great. It's nice to use for mixing purposes as well as freaking scratches. U can really get busy with it if put the time in. I never mess with the phrase sampler but if u make beats on a mpc or cpu u can alter samples or beef em up quite a bit. I used to do a lotta turntable stuff with bands-the kaos pad helped me out so much with that kinda stuff, it adds so much. I say get it!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    The KP3 is the shit.
    My brother has one and I got to spend some time with it, infinite options but very simple in a live environment.
    I had the KP-mini which was decent but had white noise and interference issues (I am picky about such things though).
    Worth it just for the echos, delays, and sampling/looping.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    Thanks for the helpful recommends (esp. that it is easy to use in a live setting), dudes! I am pretty much sold now.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Quick question, I have an older Kaoss with sampler trigger buttons on it, but you can't overlap samples. Is this fixed on the KP3?