Songs you'd like to see pressed on 7" / 45?

2»

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    That ELO / Diana Ross mash up

I tried emailing the guy but had no response

What's the guy's email address?
    Interested parties can all lump in and add weight to the cause.

On no account would I ever say that someone should do a secret squirrel 200 white label press and put me down for 5 copies. Never.

let the petition commence:

[email]gohomeproductions@btopenworld.com[/email]

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    that darondo remix using the drums off the J-Dilla[/b]
    MAJOR

That seems to get a lot of praise around here. Am I the only one who's not feeling that remix at all?

No, you're not alone.

Drums really taken form the library? Considering how many folks round here thought that was one of Dilla's finest moments produciton-wise...

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    that darondo remix using the drums off the J-Dilla[/b]
    MAJOR

That seems to get a lot of praise around here. Am I the only one who's not feeling that remix at all?

No, you're not alone.

Drums really taken form the library? Considering how many folks round here thought that was one of Dilla's finest moments produciton-wise...

The drums are taken from the library record.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    That ELO / Diana Ross mash up

I tried emailing the guy but had no response

What's the guy's email address?
    Interested parties can all lump in and add weight to the cause.

On no account would I ever say that someone should do a secret squirrel 200 white label press and put me down for 5 copies. Never.

let the petition commence:

[email]gohomeproductions@btopenworld.com[/email]

Thanks

EMAIL SENT!

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    that darondo remix using the drums off the chapel library....

what record / cd is this on?

The remix or the original drums? The original drums are from Rene Costy Scrabble:

The remix was by Trishes from Beattown who posts on here occasionally. Funnily enough I was chatting about this today with him on email and he's just posted up a 320kbp version on his blog:

http://meltingpotmusicnews.blogspot.com/2009/01/download-darondo-didnt-i-trishes-edit.html

• Hawkshaw/Hawkins - Hot Pants (from KPM Flute for Moderns). I've contemplated having a dub plate made of this...

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    that darondo remix using the drums off the chapel library....
    MAJOR

No, I agree. Kinda pointless to just put a break behind the perfect ballad, no?

• that darondo remix using the drums off the chapel library....
    MAJOR

No, I agree. Kinda pointless to just put a break behind the perfect ballad, no?

Nice to hear that there are other people on this board that shares my opininion about that remix. Remember when it was posted originally a couple of years ago and people were wild with it!

typical blog-music

"Great sweet soul but since I love hip-hop it really should have a break on top of it so that I can really feel it" or what?

Plus the time-stretching of Dorando sounds horrible

Yep perish the thought that someone could love the original version of a song but also enjoy and have time for a remix/blend of it designed to dance to. Damn hip-hoppers.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Yeah, F*ck 'em