50 and Ross... this is getting surreal.

djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central

I can safely say, I have never worn an wig in anger. Maybe Hulk Hogan should call 50 and tell him to bring it down a notch. I have often said Hip Hop is the Pro Wrestling of music genres. This "beef" has surpassed Pro Wrestling now.

Comments

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    50 is the shit.

• this whole thing has really made me reevaluate 50 cent.
    he's really starting to remind me of benzino.
    i mean lets go back to when he got in the game... he did that little dreams remake.
    then it was clear he had absolutely no commercial viability so he was shelved for a year and dropped.
    then he gets shot, makes a couple mixtapes who's impact have been grossly overstated and then signed by a white rapper desperately seeking street validation.
    he makes an album that is completely by the numbers with dr dre at the helm.
    after that he cycles between making stupid contrived diss songs, product endorsements and using the same hook on every song until about... now.
    and nobody cares anymore.
    but people are so stupid and fawn so much over celebrity anything he does or says gets press, regardless of how pathetic and attention mongering it is...

i think his status in the game was never more of a bit-player based on his own talent, he just got lucky.

the same goes for little wayne...

he is so bush-era.

I agree with you up to the Lil Wayne part. And I like early 50.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    this whole thing has really made me reevaluate 50 cent.
    i mean lets go back to when he got in the game... he did that little dreams remake.
    then it was clear he had absolutely no commercial viability so he was shelved for a year and dropped.
    then he gets shot, makes a couple mixtapes who's impact have been grossly overstated and then signed by a white rapper desperately seeking street validation.
    after that he cycles between making stupid contrived diss songs, product endorsements and using the same hook on every song until about... now.
    but people are so stupid and fawn so much over celebrity anything he does or says gets press, regardless of how pathetic and attention mongering it is...

i think his status in the game was never more of a bit-player based on his own talent, he just got lucky.

the same goes for little wayne...

he is so bush-era.

I agree with you up to the Lil Wayne part. And I like early 50.

LOLZERS @ the Lil Wayne part. Wow.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I think I would be far more entertained by any record made by "Pimpin' Curly" than anything 50 has done recently.

He needs to go Chris Gaines with that shit.

• this whole thing has really made me reevaluate 50 cent.

I can agree w/ most of what u said but those early mixtapes were Certified Street Heaters.
    In those early days, cats were anticipating him, based on the first joints. That impact isnt overstated at all.
    Dude had 100% Real Street Buzz. Despite what it morphed into.

• This was inevitable, it is kiddie music after all.