F*ck Republicans

phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Dudes are holding up the stimulus package. All they do is talk about tax cuts when that schitt is what got us here in the first place. Also dudes oppose Obama's pay limitations for Wall Street execs who have received bail-out funds - because limiting someone's pay is against free market capitalism. GTFOTWTBS.Sabadaba and Vitamin - please defend your people.

Comments

• Just read that they are against capping Officer salaries from companies that take stimulus money.

That's fighting the good fight!

• Just read that they are against capping Officer salaries from companies that take stimulus money.

Who will pay them if the execs are not getting paid?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    of course they are against it

the bailout was the republicans paying back their base

the stimulus is the Dems attempt to pay back theirs

• dont dems have major support from wallstreet financial heads?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    wall street finance heads give money to everyone

labor unions on the other hand...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Dudes are holding up the stimulus package. All they do is talk about tax cuts when that schitt is what got us here in the first place. Also dudes oppose Obama's pay limitations for Wall Street execs who have received bail-out funds - because limiting someone's pay is against free market capitalism.

GTFOTWTBS.

Sabadaba and Vitamin - please defend your people.

The pay caps are not what is REALLY keeping this thing moving slow, it's just one thing. GOP are trying to slow the roll for a lot of reasons, mostly political, but I have to ask: What specifically in this plan would IMMEDIATELY halt job loss or create new jobs to equal out lost jobs? Near as I can tell, the urgency is based on the arbitrary goal of President's Day, which was set by the Dems. I have NO problem with them taking time to hammer out a decent solution, it's why we have the system we do, checks and balances. It's what should have happened with the Patriot Act and the TARP bailout. When they rush this stuff through, no matter how good the intentions, there is always some pretty bitter aftertaste.

• but I have to ask: What specifically in this plan would IMMEDIATELY halt job loss or create new jobs to equal out lost jobs?

that is the plan. the government is spending money on things we need to create over 2 million jobs.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    The real question is:

Are they holding it up purely to make Obama look bad, that he can't work across the aisle?

• The real question is:

Are they holding it up purely to make Obama look bad, that he can't work across the aisle?

EVEN MORE BREAKING NEWS: WATER IS WET!

but I have to ask: What specifically in this plan would IMMEDIATELY halt job loss or create new jobs to equal out lost jobs?

that is the plan. the government is spending money on things we need to create over 2 million jobs.

What specifically is it that they are doing? I am not being snarky or a dick, it looked like just beefing up spending to existing programs, and while I obviously have not sat down and plowed through the entire bill (which I am sure puts me in the same boat with most of our fine Senators), nothing jumped out at me as being particularly job-creating.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Just read that they are against capping Officer salaries from companies that take stimulus money.

The Donald says it was the right choice.

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/money/2...mpensation.html

• but I have to ask: What specifically in this plan would IMMEDIATELY halt job loss or create new jobs to equal out lost jobs?

What specifically is it that they are doing? I am not being snarky or a dick, it looked like just beefing up spending to existing programs, and while I obviously have not sat down and plowed through the entire bill (which I am sure puts me in the same boat with most of our fine Senators), nothing jumped out at me as being particularly job-creating.

i haven't read the bill, but i've read the newspaper:

infrastructure - bridges, roads, tunnels, etc.

education jobs

more police

fixing/rehabbing federal buildings

giving money to cities and states for job creation

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    The real question is:

EVEN MORE BREAKING NEWS: WATER IS WET!

Its sad you're so at ease with this. They can't call themselves American.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I am in no way defending republicans, or democrats, or Bush or Obama. I was against the TARP legislation, and the Auto Industry Bailout. And I am certainly against this so called "Stimulus Bill". Whatever you want to call it, it is deficit spending, which means future tax increases that our kids and grandchildren will be paying for the rest of their lives.

Are any of you even wondering where this money is going to come from? Does it even matter to you that it will either have to be borrowed from China, Japan, the Saudis? Or better yet, that they can just print the money out of thin air at the Federal Reserve, which will only devalue our purchasing power even more?

Either way, it will only get us into deeper debt. Do I have to remind you that the debt stands at over $10 TRILLION? Or $70 plus TRILLION when you count Social Security, Medicare, etc. How is getting into deeper debt going to jumpstart the economy?

• my kids will be living off da gridd

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    There are a lot of things in the stimulus package that are kind of WTF though...

• How is getting into deeper debt going to jumpstart the economy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keynesian_economics

There are a lot of things in the stimulus package that are kind of WTF though...

I concur, and I still think that taking some time with it will not make matters any worse.

I think the private sector are looking at this and seeing government benefiting, but that their benefits will have to wait.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

You didnt like the proposal for more free condoms?

Thank you, Kevin. Though, I am very familiar with Keynesian economics.

It might be in your best interest to read up on the Austrian School of Economics: wiki, which always warned about the bubbles created with easy credit, central economic planning, artificially lowered interest rates, and fiat currencies. ALL of which eventually fail. I am not saying that the dollar will eventually crash (though MANY others do), but you cannot rule it out.

• There are a lot of things in the stimulus package that are kind of WTF though...

I concur, and I still think that taking some time with it will not make matters any worse.

I think the private sector are looking at this and seeing government benefiting, but that their benefits will have to wait.

I agree, though to a point...

Republicans attacking money for movie producers is silly. Do you know how many jobs movies and production can generate for a city? To write that off as some 'democrats looooove hollywood,' shit is seriously putting the politics before the cash.

And, that is just one example, but it is the one that frosts my ass today.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    but I have to ask: What specifically in this plan would IMMEDIATELY halt job loss or create new jobs to equal out lost jobs?

Almost all government spending creates jobs. Not only does building roads create jobs for construction workers, it also creates jobs for engineers, supervisors, quarry workers, lunch wagon drivers, Carthart store clerks... Beyond that roads create jobs by allowing commerce to move.

Check the contrast to Bush's first year.
    After he was appointed the Dems supported his tax cuts, NCLB, Patriot Act, prescription drug insurance, and various wars.
    Now not one R in the House voted for the stimulus, and few if any in the Senate will.
    This is despite the fact that fully a third of the bill is tax cuts.

At first I was thinking the reason for that is that Ds care about good governance, so they will work to make a bill as good as possible then vote for it even if they don't like. But Rs just want power and will obstruct progress to get it.

But thinking about more I was wondering if the reason isn't that Ds are whinnies and Rs stand up for what they believe.

I am in no way defending republicans, or democrats, or Bush or Obama. I was against the TARP legislation, and the Auto Industry Bailout. And I am certainly against this so called "Stimulus Bill". Whatever you want to call it, it is deficit spending, which means future tax increases that our kids and grandchildren will be paying for the rest of their lives.

Are any of you even wondering where this money is going to come from? Does it even matter to you that it will either have to be borrowed from China, Japan, the Saudis? Or better yet, that they can just print the money out of thin air at the Federal Reserve, which will only devalue our purchasing power even more?

Either way, it will only get us into deeper debt. Do I have to remind you that the debt stands at over $10 TRILLION? Or $70 plus TRILLION when you count Social Security, Medicare, etc. How is getting into deeper debt going to jumpstart the economy?

First, Ronald Regan proved that deficits don't matter.
    Second, I have spent my life paying off the debt of WWII and Marshall Plan, what do I care if your grandchildren have to pay off my debt?

Did you oppose the Bush tax cuts, and his wars? That's where the real debt comes from.

• Saba is too busy working so he can pay higher taxes and do his part like a patriotic 'merican.

Dood, government spending just creates bigger government, more beaurocracy, and does nothing to create real wealth, which is the only thing that can jumpstart the economy again.

"When government spends money, it simply takes that money from one place (taxpayers) and moves it to another (state/fed employees, roads, etc.). When private individuals spend money, that money always has the potential to create wealth as they choose the best use between competing businesses or banks." - Isaac M. Morehouse wrote last year.

Want to jumpstart the economy? How about cutting spending on our overseas empire (over 700 military bases in 130 different countries)? How about cutting spending on the "war on drugs" and the decriminalization of marijuana, which can be taxed? How about REAL tax cuts, like getting rid of the income tax, so that Americans can actually save money, pay off debt, or spend it back into their communities?

Did you oppose the Bush tax cuts, and his wars? That's where the real debt comes from.

Bush is a f*cking war criminal! Of course I opposed his tax cuts for the wealthy, and his wars, which did nothing to protect our country, and everything to make the middle east hate Americans even more. Overspending on war is just ONE of the reasons why we are in our current predicament.

But what about Clinton before him? And Bush Sr.? This has been going on way before W., whom I despise.

• I also enjoy watching Obama get all hysterical like a little girl because nobody is listening to him, not even the people in his own party. Talk about fear mongering.

Last one ... I will back off for a bit.

But

First, Ronald Regan proved that deficits don't matter.

Boom and bust, my friend. Boom and bust. We will keep going through the same cycle, over and over, if we continue overspending with "bailouts" or "stimulus packages" or "rescue plans." Or relying on the Feds monetary policies of sometimes easy credit, sometimes tight credit, and artificially setting interest rates.

Dood, government spending just creates bigger government, more beaurocracy, and does nothing to create real wealth, which is the only thing that can jumpstart the economy again.

Dude, I don't know the difference between "real" wealth, and fake wealth.

I know that all my wealth comes from government spending.
    None of my products travel on private roads to get to me or my customers.
    Air traffic control
    Health, safety, environmental and business regulations
    Police
    Fire Departments
    Schools
    Workers Comp
    Social Security
    all these things are necessary for my business.

Please to clue me to these people who are making real wealth without government help.

• wasn't the inauguration weeks ago? shouldn't america be fixed by now? what happened to all that "yes we can" talk?