MYRON & E: COLD GAME!

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Alright, I just want to get on and tell folks that I'm genuinely excited for this release right here. It's by my dude "E" aka E Da Boss and Myron Glasper with the dudes from the soul investigators. This could be one of the biggest joints this year. I NEVER do these posts but man, this needs to get sweated by "soulstrut dudes".

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I got my copy in the mail today. The Soul Source board was getting in a bit of a state about this 7" calling it the next Kings Go Forth, but I think that's a bit of a stretch.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Good God that sure is sweet. i just sent an email as the webshop is down.

good lookin out man.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I actually ordered this yesterday. The Scandinavian-American Freundschaft keeps yielding winners.

• Brilliant record! Great vocals and beautiful backing from the Soul Investigators.

I've played this out a couple of times and it went down REALLY well!

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Didier and the crew done did it again!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    E is my muhfuggin' stromie--support this man and his (really fresh) record!

• sounds good. just met him for the first time last night.

• A really strong single, both sides. It even has the deep soul geezers that congregate in my shop kinda shook. I RIDE!

• I got my copy in the mail today. The Soul Source board was getting in a bit of a state about this 7" calling it the next Kings Go Forth, but I think that's a bit of a stretch.

I think it's better and this should be on some "NPR SHARON JONES" type o' hype. Better than the new PPP I tell ya

• i think it's a steaming hot turd

• I'm not here to defend 'em just to tell people about a song that I think is worthy of getting attention amongst the midst of music that I think shouldn't be getting hyped-to-death.

The nuanced and constructive criticism you've added to this thread has been very beneficial.

• This single is great - maybe one of the better Timmion releases. That being said, it is not as good as the first Kings Go Forth track. However, it is unlikely KGF will have another single that explosive either so that's no knock on Myron & E.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    yes! this has been my shit since I downloaded it off some euroman soul/funk site last week. quality!

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    As*f played this at A2 Soul Club last night

sounds good when you're faded as hail

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    The backing track is hot without a doubt. The vocals, on the other hand, sound lo-fi karaoke recorded in a bedroom-ish. Needs fleet fox reverb.

• HamHam 872 Posts

• The Myron is pretty cool, kicks the shit outta that Hawthorne terd on Stones Throw, that shit is gross...

my fave newish thang:

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    The backing track is hot without a doubt. The vocals, on the other hand, sound lo-fi karaoke recorded in a bedroom-ish. Needs fleet fox reverb.

I agree, a little spring reverb on the vox would of made a big difference.
    I like the flipside.
    Timmion's a fantastic label.

part of what I thought was so persuasive about 'Cold Game' was that I had my back turned f*cking around in my DJ box when As*f put it on & I basically made up my mind about liking it before I realized that it was one of those dreaded 'new tracks' - context counts for a lot

• The backing track is hot without a doubt. The vocals, on the other hand, sound lo-fi karaoke recorded in a bedroom-ish. Needs fleet fox reverb.

DOESN'T LIKE ITS ELBOWZZZZ!

Funny, my girl said the exact same thing "it sounds like karaoke...but I like it". I think it's supposed to sound imperfect.

And that mayer hawthrorne is good, I like.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

DOESN'T LIKE ITS ELBOWZZZZ!

Funny, my girl said the exact same thing "it sounds like karaoke...but I like it". I think it's supposed to sound imperfect.

And that mayer hawthrorne is good, I like.
    Your girl has a good ear and is honest and also diplomatic.

• Plaese to not thread jack

and I think she lurks

• my fave newish thang:

Co-sign, f*ckin killer that one!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    This is ok but the Hawthorne sons it on overall listenability.

This is ok but the Hawthorne sons it on overall listenability.

are you talking about DJ Haircuts 'northern soul' record?

• This is ok but the Hawthorne sons it on overall listenability.

Big Joe or Myron & E?