30 ROCK/OFFICE THREAD

2»

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I love how Liz walked like a muppet even when she wasn't a muppet.

Dude stop, I'm lizzing!!!

When Jack brought in the deaf person to read lips and he throws up in the video, oh man.

"I was told this was a job interview!"

Also: "In my bed? Come on, guys, I eat there!"

Finally: Hasn't Liz done that Muppet walk before? I feel like that was a callback joke.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Things are gonna get real good with Idris Elba (Charles) around. To be THAT unlikeable on a show filled with assholes takes some doing!

I've seen several other folks point out that Charles is sorta like Frank Grimes was on The Simpsons: A dose of the real world. So the conflict is between the little world that The Office has and a "what would happen if an actual manager walked into this situation?" sort of thing. And the actual manager would probably be pretty much like Charles. I like the way they're playing it.

He obviously hasn't gotten to know the employees real well. I mean, Kevin as a secretary? The man with the most expressive monotone this side of Johnny Cash, answering phones?

The "Wordplay!" jokes on 30 Rock were killing me.

Tracy Jordan/Morgan is becoming more and more of an idiot savant with each new episode...and I'm loving it! And did you hear the robotic way he's started talking, all of a sudden?

• Sorry...looks like I missed last week's "NEW BOSS" episode! I guess once I watch it, last night will make more sense.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    The Office: why does Dot.Com get more lines than Grizz?