what happened @ crateconnect?

JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
anyone here know what happened at crateconnect/hiphophits?i hadn't logged on in a month or so, but their digital vinyl promos (which were always packaged and tagged nicely) seem to no longer exist.

Comments

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    I noticed that too. Maybe it was a legal issue? Either way you can still get new promos on the message board they added a new section on there for that.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I don't think it's a legal issue, I think it's to push people to subscribe to their shitty dj pool (which still exists).

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    i spent some more time on that site (pretty weird site design) to try and figure it out, but i guess they are indeed pushing people to subscribe to their pool/vip/whatever they call it service, which is now the only way to get the digital vinyl promos. i don't know, but $15/mo seems pretty steep to have access to the 4-6 single packages i would download every month (especially when they get the promos for free.)
    i'm just pissed i have to find a new place that offers a similar service. whitelabel sucks and i don't recall digiwaxx being that great either, specifically for new shit with 8 bar intros included.

what's everyone else using these days?

• the forums on hiphophits/crateconnect have a lot of promos and its free to sign up. the best subscription service, imo, is cicana.com, but you have to pay a monthly fee.