RIP Eddie Hoover (Bay Area)

jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Eddie Hoover can be called the father of the Bay Area record swap meets. he was the one who started the first swap out in a castro valley parking lot, i think at the boys and girls club, back in the early 70s. i guess you can say jim white took the lead after Eddie stopped doing it. He was pre-Daly City Bob as well (if you know who that is) when it came to buying up collections/warehouses/distributors. i didnt know the man but a lot of my older pals did. anyway... just thought id put that out there in the world.

Comments

• Justin, was he someone I would recognize from any of the local shows, or had he stopped coming in recent years?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    from what i was told he hadnt been in the game for a long time. he had fallen on hard times some years back and had even lost both legs (possibly to diabetes). ive seen a picture of him at the cv swap from rick but have never seen him before here in the bay.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Eddie was a good dude....was at one of the recent ARC shows in a wheelchair... I was first introduced to him by the infamous Stanley Baumruk back in the 80's.

RIP