parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central

Comments

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    all of them?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    this was Soulstrut talking to CR8DIGGAZZZ

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Dudes, mad insensitive. That is Grand Wizrad DST, he invented teh skratch, so you should have more respect. Hip hop is about respect. 12th element.

• Dudes, mad insensitive. That is Grand Wizrad DST, he invented teh skratch, so you should have more respect. Hip hop is about respect. 12th element.

Um no it's not...
    that's shot in my boy Dan's store Gimme Gimme and he's behind the camera being himself, and that dude playing the d-bag "digger" is this kid Rustin. Sorry to disappoint but Rustin is not a record collector, he's a comedy improv guy but he did really well with the lines Dan fed him impersonating a record-foul fool. He picked it up right away. He's kind of nuts actually, he's involved in all kinds of eating contest leagues in real life. He also dressed up as a hot dog last year at the Coney Island Nathans hot dog contest and ran around wildin. Total spaz!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    all of them?

This is kinda like my parents' judging shitty drivers based on their license plates: "Oh, South Carolina plates...it figures." "But Mom, we have South Carolina plates." "Yeah, but we're not from here."

• all of them?

This is kinda like my parents' judging shitty drivers based on their license plates: "Oh, South Carolina plates...it figures." "But Mom, we have South Carolina plates." "Yeah, but we're not from here."

Im with your mom on this one....9.79 out of 10 times around here if see a really shitty driver, i.e. cutting folks off, thinks the lanes are merely "suggested" driving areas, drivin 15 miles under the speed limit, no blinkers etc they have Mississippi or Arkansas plates...if you are from these states you are a shitty driver. No exceptions, its true.

• Dudes, mad insensitive. That is Grand Wizrad DST, he invented teh skratch, so you should have more respect. Hip hop is about respect. 12th element.

sorry dude but I'm pretty sure thats teh alchemist. he makes his beats out of records in case you were not aware.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Ha, I'm assuming Dan was drawing on experience?

Um no it's not...
    that's shot in my boy Dan's store Gimme Gimme and he's behind the camera being himself, and that dude playing the d-bag "digger" is this kid Rustin. Sorry to disappoint but Rustin is not a record collector, he's a comedy improv guy but he did really well with the lines Dan fed him impersonating a record-foul fool. He picked it up right away. He's kind of nuts actually, he's involved in all kinds of eating contest leagues in real life. He also dressed up as a hot dog last year at the Coney Island Nathans hot dog contest and ran around wildin. Total spaz!

this should have ended the mystery but please carry on with your fantasy scenarios about dude, it's far more entertaining!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    all of them?

Im with your mom on this one.

Actually, that was James's mom. I was just quoting him.

But I'm with his mom, too.

Right now!

Ah, good old mom humor.

• Perfect

That shit happens every other day in these parts!

• Options
    I like the part where he is like "put this one right now....oh no, wait see this isn't going to work because...see that right there."

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Perfect

That shit happens every other day in any given record store in every city[/b]!

If it weren't for these guys I wouldn't be able to sell beat Kudus for $25 locally, though, so I'm not too mad.

• I get about as many people coming in to tell me about the records they have as to buy new ones these days.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I get about as many people coming in to tell me about the records they have as to buy new ones these days.

Set up a tripod and video camera and film these fools.

• Perfect

That shit happens every other day in these parts!

Indeed so true and you would know, hi johnny!

Ha, I'm assuming Dan was drawing on experience?

100%

i used to work the wfmu weekend every year for him at the store while he was at the show, just for fun. these dudes are real, they are always trying to test you too in hilarious ways like "have you ever heard of herbie hancock?"...."how do you feel about YES vs. Rush?"
    are you kidding me, what is this Behind The Music? gtfo
    many real-life caricatures of customers that you'd never think truly exist. one russian dude with a guitar strapped to his back came in and was like "do you like Bob Marley?". For real. "Are you familiar with his music?" ... "it's really good."....."i love redemption song".
    I just quietly take the kindness route since it's not my shop and I recommend Catch a Fire and go back to my business.

Um no it's not...
    that's shot in my boy Dan's store Gimme Gimme and he's behind the camera being himself, and that dude playing the d-bag "digger" is this kid Rustin.

Gimme Gimme is one of the stores I went to when I was in NY. I was 15 at the time, and had just about EXACTLY the same style as that kid. I was carrying loads of records, and that shop was like heaven. I had a really weird feeling watching that vid the first time around, then paid closer attention. Pretty spot on.

Bear in mind that I'm Norwegian and would not dare burden the shopkeeper with all that talk. Please tell him it was a young diggers dream to be there (I found loads of stuff there that would NEVER surface in Scandinavia).

Thats all

- J

• Perfect

That shit happens every other day in any given record store in every city[/b]!

If it weren't for these guys I wouldn't be able to sell beat Kudus for $25 locally, though, so I'm not too mad.

some kudus are ok ... $ 25 is damn high tho'

• I get about as many people coming in to tell me about the records they have as to buy new ones these days.

"woah look cool vinyl man, cool, man I have a lot of old vinyl like beatles and stuff I should bring them in to show you and it would be cool to chop it up about this old music man ive got some good stuff. would be pretty cool to shoot the shit about the old records i got. i'll have to bring them in"

• pretty funny.
    also enjoyable to go into a shop and act like a rube and see if theyll take advantage of you. i had a grip of (at the time) sought after hiphop 12s i had found at some atlanta flea market and i went into More Dusty than Digital and started talking as country bumpkin as i could muster..."me and pa found these in the barn, its the durndest thing how they got there, thur was whole gobs of them. boxes and boxes. yall need them? i could shur use the money" the counter guy looked at poppa large, common sense 12s, etc and was like "naaa, not really, i could give you 5 bucks for these 20" that was way too priceless,so i flipped into normal mode and told him off. i spent the rest of the afternoon selling records in the back parking lot of their store out my trunk. i think every employee in their spot came out and bought stuff, besides the first dude.

• this guy doesn't know shit about records man..

Um no it's not...

this guy sounds awesome

"woah look cool vinyl man, cool, man I have a lot of old vinyl like beatles and stuff I should bring them in to show you and it would be cool to chop it up about this old music man ive got some good stuff. would be pretty cool to shoot the shit about the old records i got. i'll have to bring them in"

More like

[talking to his girlfriend] "See that one? Yeah, I have that. That one too. And that one! No, I only paid like a couple bucks each. Yeah. Anyway... so do you want to go to look at shoes? [to me] Thanks man! I'll have to come back here and dig when I have some time!"

More like

[talking to his girlfriend] "See that one? Yeah, I have that. That one too. And that one! No, I only paid like a couple bucks each. Yeah. Anyway... so do you want to go to look at shoes? [to me] Thanks man! I'll have to come back here and dig when I have some time!"

Where's the French or Italian accent though?

• Those guys actually buy records!

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Dudes, mad insensitive. That is Grand Wizrad DST, he invented teh skratch, so you should have more respect. Hip hop is about respect. 12th element.

Um no it's not...

Rustin must have a twin then.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    all of them?

Haha, I'll admit theres probably a small part of that guy in the deep recesses of my pysche. Luckily though I know how to behave in public.

also enjoyable to go into a shop and act like a rube and see if theyll take advantage of you. i had a grip of (at the time) sought after hiphop 12s i had found at some atlanta flea market and i went into More Dusty than Digital and started talking as country bumpkin as i could muster..."me and pa found these in the barn, its the durndest thing how they got there, thur was whole gobs of them. boxes and boxes. yall need them? i could shur use the money" the counter guy looked at poppa large, common sense 12s, etc and was like "naaa, not really, i could give you 5 bucks for these 20" that was way too priceless,so i flipped into normal mode and told him off. i spent the rest of the afternoon selling records in the back parking lot of their store out my trunk. i think every employee in their spot came out and bought stuff, besides the first dude.

Good stuff. I've always meant to take a stack of really rare 45s to Half Price Books just to see what would transpire.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I get about as many people coming in to tell me about the records they have as to buy new ones these days.

Set up a tripod and video camera and film these fools.

TRUE RECORD STORE CONFESSIONS

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    this guy doesn't know shit about records man..

Really? Why not?

• this guy doesn't know shit about records man..

Moon Germs for 20$? I guess that's the point... he's a stutter not a strutter.