best/worst band tshirt you ever owned?

jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
I had an LL Cool J "NITRO" tshirt back in '89. Had his grill on the front with all the tour dates on the back. In retrospect it was pretty damn ugly!

Comments

• I had an Eagles "Hotel California" tour shirt that I got at my very first concert in 1977. The photo on the front was a gas nozzle coming out of car gas tank with a few drops of gas dripping from the nozzle. I liked the shirt til one day my aunt said "that shirt is mighty phallic don't you think?" I didn't wear the shirt much after that.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I think anyone who owns a Gary Glitter t shirt would win this comp.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    for best or worst?

for most disgusting.....

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Best shirt I ever owned was a Stiff Records promo shirt that said...

"IF IT AIN'T STIFF IT AIN'T WORTH A F*ck".

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I still own an all-flower Greatful Dead T-shirt that is suspect and bad-ass at the same time.

My Tupac - I Get Around T would turn heads. It was before the 2Pac Cult came on the scene.

My Jimi Hendrix EXP T was my shit.

Right now my fav is my Trans Am - Sex Change T-Shirt.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Around the time of the first Gulf War I owned a shirt for a hardcore record label called Old Glory. The shirt was an Iraqi flag on the front and it had "These Colors Don't Run" on the back. Not sure why I thought that was so fun to wear at the time, but I loved antagonizing people when I was younger.

I got give a Bin Laden T shirt from a friend when he came back from India.
    Got rid of it once the govt passed its hardcore anti terror laws. never wore it, but I was gonna keep it for 'historical' reasons...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I was going to start a separate thread about this, but I figured it was kinda on-topic, apart from the "band" part.

http://www.p4cm.com/p4cm/store/launch

for days.

• I had this shirt (but heather gray instead of black) but I sold it on Ebay a few years ago.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I got give a Bin Laden T shirt from a friend when he came back from India.
    Got rid of it once the govt passed its hardcore anti terror laws. never wore it, but I was gonna keep it for 'historical' reasons...

you need this now.

• Back in college some guy wore a "Hitler European Tour 1939-1945" shirt to one of our house parties. The back of the shirt had stuff like Poland - "1939, Norway - 1940, Russia - Cancelled, etc." A Dutch friend of mine, whose dad had been a POW during the war, called him out on it and made it him leave the party. The dumb redneck had no clue the shirt would offend people.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    A Sun Youth (youth helping organization/food bank/etc) basketball t-shirt that i morphed into a Sonic Youth shirt. It's pretty much see-through by now.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I had a pink Homo Picnic t-shirt it was pretty ugly

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    MDC Tour Amerikkka

circa 1983, still have it.

• I the album covers for Jan Garberak's "Sart"
    and Chick Corea's "Piano Improvisations Vol 1" on tshirts. ECM heads know the deal!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I the album covers for Jan Garberak's "Sart"
    and Chick Corea's "Piano Improvisations Vol 1" on tshirts.