Recent Finds

llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Finds from the last couple of weeks:Will post up some info later! First couple of pics are from charities and a record fair:Not really sure if the next load count as finds as they came from a fellow Soulstrutters garage and I've not yet paid for them.

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Shit, I'll join in.

Strictly 20p charity shop finds this past Saturday in the a.m. - Loungecore strut

[/img]
    [/img]
    [/img]
    [/img]
    [/img]
    [/img]

At the Sign of the Swinging Cymbal - not 'arf!

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    That Birds 'n Brass is pure pop goodness.

Lots of other nice records there, too.

Congrats!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Melvyn Price is nice

• that Luiz Gonzaga Jr. is ILL

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I scored that Up Up and Away Lp a few months back...uptempo funkiness with a pop feel appeal to it.... A very nice listen.... especially the braeksss!

• That Birds 'n Brass is pure pop goodness.

Congrats!

that reminds me of a joint off a conmen tape that i always wondered about.
    crazy bass line and drums and then some thick accented english singing about the girls in all different parts of uk. "sheffield girls are good at football, luten girls have lovely voices,liverpool birds..."ten the bassline comes in again.

it was real weird but dope. always wondering if it was on one of those charity shop joints. vinyl vulture died before i could ask them

i guess jake or supreme should know, but im sure eurostrutters do too.
    whats up????

• CraigCraig 269 Posts

Congrats!

crazy bass line and drums and then some thick accented english singing about the girls in all different parts of uk. "sheffield girls are good at football, luten girls have lovely voices,liverpool birds..."ten the bassline comes in again.

it was real weird but dope. always wondering if it was on one of those charity shop joints. vinyl vulture died before i could ask them

whats up????

Vinyl vulture never died it just changed it's name to very good +.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Congrats!

whats up????

Sounds like the theme song to Liver Birds by The Scaffold:

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

hows that violent violins ?
    i never heard anything decent on that super stereo sound series.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

very recent, from this afternoon actually, cant place it right now but pretty sure this is some kinda oldschool classic break thingy.. (?)

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

unfortunately without the cover and not in best condition. Still, i managed to rescue this from the trash bin of my local record store down the street ABBA lovers, I' coming...

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    o ja ?

• Recent Finds...

The majority of the LPs and 12"s were $.50 each. Nothing more than $1

MC Ade, Whodini Megamix, & Egyptian Lover

Vaughn Mason, Michael Jackson, Schooly D, Rick James

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

• lol
    nate you gotta do a crates expose about the shit youre holdin. i want to see some pron!!

• That Birds 'n Brass is pure pop goodness.

Congrats!

whats up????

THAS it!!!!!
    hard to get? i want doubles

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    lol
    nate you gotta do a crates expose about the shit youre holdin. i want to see some pron!!

Compared to some heads here in the Bay I'm still a timmydigalot.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Congrats!

whats up????

THAS it!!!!!
    hard to get? i want doubles

I've only ever seen copies of their super hits Thank You Very Much and Lily The Pink out and about which are considerably less desirable to rock even singles of. Think this was released originally as a b side but might be available on TV theme compilation albums from the seventies. The Scousers on here may be able to use their local connections to get their hands on it though.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Recent Finds...

You must had been in Louisville the past week?? Those LRS102 lps are from our local station from way back, I always throw them back.

• Last week's keepers -

The 7" is the first Sun Ra (Saturn Philadelphia) single I've ever found.

• sun ra. damn. ive never found a raer sun ra record in philly.

i took a break from responsibilities and got down and dirty:

live convention is just a cover, but i needed one for either that or 82. rhetta is sealed but water damaged.still. chakachas....searched for one for tenyears and finally got one from Good REcords...a month later, find one cheap. typical, but a good problem to have.

janjan sealed w.water damage. most of em got a little bit of that but price was great. anyone know that dennis coffey LP? i will listen to it in a couple days.

write now, its strictly: FINALLY ARRIVED!

• minimini 879 Posts