New Afro Funk Mix

FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
In celebration of the fact that I just managed to book the Budos Band for my new party at Union Pool in Williamsburg on March 14th and in anticipation of an end to this chilly NYC winter, I put together an extra hot and sunny new mix of records from Ghana and Nigeria!Special thanx go out to Jonas for hosting the mp3!That Hygrades track is one of the sickest records I got in a while and check out the break on "disco in danger"...
Please click on the image to listen:
00:00 The Uppers -dankasa03:30 Roy Hamilton -jack jones06:40 Gyadu Blay Ambolley -sikape12:14 De Frank -waiting for my baby16:33 The Cutlass Band -obiara wondo19:08 The Strangers -two to make a pair21:44 The Wellis Band -bindiga25:06 Ogyatanaa Show band -saman poriwa29:42 Superman Tony Safro -i beg34:54 The Hygrades -somebody's gonna lose or win38:00 The Visitors -i believe in funky music42:37 Akwassa -be yourself47:45 Obanichronism -disco in danger53:00 Georges Anderson -baby you know i know

Comments

• J_RoyJ_Roy 33 Posts
    Thanks Frank, looking forward to checking this.

• Downloading now! Thanks!

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Downloading now! Thanks!

Looking forward to coming out to the new party Frank, second saturday sounds perfect. Glad the party found a new home dude....

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    word

• if it's good as the last one...I'm stoked.. thanks frank!

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Frank always brings the !!!

Thanks, again.

• thanks frank! you're a man of your word... this mix should carry me through completing my work for the rest of today and transport me to a warm place!! thanks
    abby

• thanks for the mix frank!

i booked the budos band for my party last saturday...it was so freezing outside but they brought the heat! i'll see you at union pool

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    You're welcome, everybody, hope you enjoy it. Didn't really know if the last track is "too much" in a good way or "too much" in a bad way... definitely a love song to remember.

crazypoprock, I'd only heard about this when it after the fact. Should have checked the anouncments here. $mall??hange's an old buddy of mine, damn, I wish I wouldn't have missed this. How's that venue?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    thanks you so much for all the music i discovered through your mixes

congrats on the budos band their a great live act

• so great, thanks once again. would never hear any of this w/o your efforts.

• Yeah it's great.

Favorite cuts after first listen -

The Strangers -two to make a pair

Superman Tony Safro -i beg

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    awesome!

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Thanks! Downloading now.

• Thanks Frank, for being so open with your music and knowledge, as always.

That Strangers track, 2 to make a pr, is unreal. Is it Nigerian... sounds EMI related.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Thanks Frank, for being so open with your music and knowledge, as always.

That Strangers track, 2 to make a pr, is unreal. Is it Nigerian... sounds EMI related.

it's a 45 on HMV Nigeria, so much stuff out there...

• That Hygrades track is one of the sickest records I got in a while and check out the break on "disco in danger"...

You find a copy of this while you were there Frank!

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    That Hygrades track is one of the sickest records I got in a while and check out the break on "disco in danger"...

no, not this one... where did you get it? Need it bad...

• That Hygrades track is one of the sickest records I got in a while and check out the break on "disco in danger"...

no, not this one... where did you get it? Need it bad...

Some bloke in London. We might be able to a deal with The Doves.

• deal with the doves
    yall all mysterious and secret agent in here

obanichronism is retarded. i just listened to it 8 times as i crunched numbers for a school assignment. break is chool, but the keys are astronomical and shit

top top notch frank. many thanks