What facebook groups do you belong to (and why)?

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Pretty pointless thread, but here goes...."Can we find 200,00 by 2/12 to wish Darwin a happy 200th birthday?"I have this hard core lefty atheist dude that I know from the Army that's always sending me invitations to groups. This one seemed OK, even though I don't really plan on wishing a dead person happy b-day. Maybe I will though."Barack Obama (One Million Strong For Barack Obama)"I joined this one back in the day, and now I feel like I can't quit the group, even though he's already president, I feel like it would be like withdrawing my support. I don't post, I don't read, but if I left it would seem like a dickhead move for some reason. "Eddie Peabody Fans' Cellar"WORD UP, and Eddie living relatives are in this group, including Eddie Peabody III."ROYAL ORDER OF VILLE RATS"I created this group and it's awesome."The greatest class for Korean Linguists to ever leave DLI"I created this one to keep up with my old classmates from DLI."Tenor Banjo Appreciation Society"F*ck YEAH I CREATED THIS GROUP AND IT IS AWESOME. SHOUT OUT TO DIANE DIANE FOR BEING THE ONLY MEMBER FROM SOULSTRUT, AND ALSO THE ONLY MEMBER WHO PROBABLY HAS NO IDEA WHAT A TENOR BANJO EVEN IS. MY WIFE ISN'T EVEN IN THIS GROUP BECAUSE LETS BE HONEST, SHE DOESN'T REALLY APPRECIATE MY BANJO AT ALL."Camp Humphreys Korea"Just because."CHAD FAN CLUB"BEST FACEBOOK GROUP EVAR. IF YOU DON'T ALREADY KNOW YOU NEED TO START KNOWING. Caring Human And Dude."Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers"My lefty atheist army friend started this group himself so I felt like I HAD to join."Government + Religion = disaster"I think I joined this one around when Palin was all the news. I should probably quit it now since I never read and don't really care. I mean, I care, but not enough to actually read."Soul Strut"Never read. I have Raj as a friend, I'm in the soulstrut group, I'm a "fan" of soulstrut, at what point is enough enough?"Defense Language Institute - past and present"posted on the wall once. I figured maybe an old friend would find me though this."Edward S. Marcus High School"Even though I hated high school, I feel like I might as well keep my name here.List 'em.

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    "CHAD FAN CLUB"
    BEST FACEBOOK GROUP EVAR. IF YOU DON'T ALREADY KNOW YOU NEED TO START KNOWING. Caring Human And Dude.

Oh, I'm totally up in that batch.

Chad
    He's Chad
    And
    Dahc is Chad backwards

"Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers"
    My lefty atheist army friend started this group himself so I felt like I HAD to join.

You never answered my question as to whether I could join this group. I mean, it's not like I pretend to be a deity, and therefore you can safely assume I don't exist.

"Soul Strut"
    Never read. I have Raj as a friend, I'm in the soulstrut group, I'm a "fan" of soulstrut, at what point is enough enough?

Bunch of record elitists.

I am also a member of:

RECORD ADDICTS

1,000,000 Strong For Stephen T Colbert

Facebook Drinking Game

DappaDave is hiring....

One Million Shoes for George W. Bush

I Secretly Want To Punch Slow Walking People In The Back Of The Head

Boston Funk & Soul

No Bullshit! Candidate Connolly 2010 (of which I am an officer. My title is "The Rahm Emmanual of This Bitch")

I'm a Bostonian and I've seen the guy on the bike who makes the siren noise

I miss Mclusky

I have more Foreign Policy Experience than Sarah Palin

dude! i cant stop saying dude!

St. John's School - Gone but not Forgetten

DJs For Obama

Galactic Fractures Radio Show

Curtis Mayfield Appreciation Society

I Love Robocop (on a unicorn!)

"I leave parties without saying goodbye"

Waxing Deep Radio

"YES, I still dig for vinyl."

The Kool Moe Dee Appreciation Society

• I need more people in my MOB!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Oh, thats because I did not know the answer to the question and then I just forgot. Sure you can join. I guess. If you buy records at the salvation army then thats pretty much "the army", so whatevs.

also I remember seeing that robocop on a unicorn group.

I lol'd.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    also I remember seeing that robocop on a unicorn group.

The discussion section contains topics like "Robocop on a Unocorn Jousting against Predator on a Griffyn". Who would win?

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I belong to none.

Why? Because facebook is

• "CHAD FAN CLUB"
    BEST FACEBOOK GROUP EVAR. IF YOU DON'T ALREADY KNOW YOU NEED TO START KNOWING. Caring Human And Dude.

why? bc i need to celebrate all things chadly.

everyone is welcome!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Bob Ross fan club

Nish the man the myth the legend (highschool teacher related)

fans of Philadelphia Brewing Company

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    You sound new to Facebook. I've had it for like 4 years and get all sorts of requests on a daily basis, for groups, events, etc. Groups for whenever ppl lose their phone and need numbers, student government candidates, etc. I've learned to ignore must of the crap, though. Facebook and college go hand in hand these days.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I ignore requests to join mob wars, daily. Then i got one for Mafia wars, and I was like damn, that sounds like the dollar store version, like a big box of "Frosty Mini Weets".

• - Addicted To Quoting Lines From Arrested Development
    - Batman Returns Was The Greatest Batman Film (doode made me admin.-haha)
    - Team Zissou
    - Christopher Walken Made Me Do It
    - Be Cool My Babies: The Conan O'Brien FanClub
    - Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father, prepare to DIE!
    - That's Right...Gary Freakin Oldman - come on! it's gary freakin oldman!! still crushin to this day!
    - Are You Being Served?- best u.k show of my youth
    - SoulStrut
    - Mi Goreng Appreciation Society- speaks for itself
    - Pierre Bernard's Recliner of Rage
    - For those who love there hip-hop with a large dose of Funk and Jazz

- CHEWY FAN CLUB!! -Yes, that's right my dog has his own fan club!!