LITTLE FEAT

2»

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I just bought a CD of Time Loves A Hero the other day.

All I gotta say is, Warner Bros. made a huge mistake not marketing these guys towards black radio. If "Spanish Moon" (from an earlier album) or "Time Loves A Hero" got R&B exposure, they probably would have been right up there with Boz Scaggs as far as reverse-crossovers go.

Waitaminute...nothing to do with nothing, but I just bought the CD of Feats Don't Fail Me Now today for $5.99 (even digitally, their albums can be had cheap), and the version of "Spanish Moon" is different from my 45 of the same song...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    they were huge in the dc/balto area

which reminds me, im surprised Laser Wolf hasn't chimed in on this thread

for some reason Little Feat, to me, seems like a band he'd be into

Just found the thread.

Yeap.

I heard them a lot around the Dixie Chicken times.
    Saw them open for and then backed Bonnie Raitt on a bill that Paul Butterfields Better Days topped.

WHFS Played the hell out of them.

By the time I bought the 2nd and 3rd lps the first was no where to be found, I didn't even know it existed.

Story goes that George was singing in the Mothers, but Zappa wouldn't let him play guitar.
    Then he came up with Willin, Zappa obviously wanted nothing to do with that and Commander Cody recorded it first (at least I think that was pre-Feat).
    So he left with a bunch of Mothers and formed Little Feat.
    Willin was on 2 Little Feat records, and maybe the live one too?

I remember seeing Sammy Davis Jr doing Dixie Chicken on some variety show.

"He was so young, on a ten city run, in love with a truck stop girl."

Dan

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

All I gotta say is, Warner Bros. made a huge mistake not marketing these guys towards black radio.

Seems to me that WB had a hard time marketing Black groups to Black radio.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    By the time I bought the 2nd and 3rd lps the first was no where to be found, I didn't even know it existed.

Interesting - a while back djukic sold a green label copy of the 1st for big money (of course) and he talked up how small and obscure that initial pressing was in the listing (of course). Maybe he actually had that one right.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    They got that Buckeyed Politicians/Law vibe to them.... fonk/rock/blues with some experimenting thrown in that keeps them interesting.

I've never seen them mentioned anywhere before, but I got that Buckeyed Politicians LP a couple years ago and thought it was interesting...

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Interesting - a while back djukic sold a green label copy of the 1st for big money (of course) and he talked up how small and obscure that initial pressing was in the listing (of course). Maybe he actually had that one right.

...which I find odd. Seems like to me that WB kept that one in print through the years, so why would it be so collectible? Just because a record isn't in the store doesn't mean it isn't in the company catalogue.

Course, then again, one or two of you have said that original W7 pressings of Van Morrison's Astral Weeks are collector's items too, and that one never lapsed out of print either, so who's to say?