SOCA THREAD

PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Deal

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    BASTARD! You killed my thread about Soca braeks on Soulstrut!

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I'm keeping it alive, it was destined for......

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I guess it's just you and me then

SPECIAL DEDICATION ONE LOVE TO THE MAN PEETZ

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I don't know if it would be called soca or calypso or another hybrid, but there was a song a few years ago, I think called "Bacon". It talked about how the man brings home the bacon, figuratively and literally. It was on one of those "Island Jams" shows on BET Jam, it didn't list artist or label but that song is great. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

• Paging Aleit

It's not for me, I'm afraid.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    I have learned to avoid any record that has that has the slightest mention of that word on it.

• hey mike b! i kill this tune in the karaoke box

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    shiggy!

plaese to record a live karaoke performance of Under The Sea.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Found the title and artist in my files, but not the song as of yet:

Mac Fingall-"Bacon" (or "Eating Bacon"). He also came out with a song called "Mummy, Why Ya Bite Me" but I haven't heard this one.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    HEY SHIGGY THIS THREAD IS ABOUT SOCA AND JOKES AND FOREIGNER COVERS BUT NOT CALYPSO OK? NOW GO IRON YOUR PUM PUM SHORTS, IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT.

Damn, in the old days, some actual working DJ would have chimed in with a what's hot in tha clubs report and K in Kanada would have posted some ill ass VG--- Real Player Soca Bludshtter Braekz. But now it's all down to me.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• HEY SHIGGY THIS THREAD IS ABOUT SOCA AND JOKES AND FOREIGNER COVERS BUT NOT CALYPSO OK? NOW GO IRON YOUR PUM PUM SHORTS, IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT.

Damn, in the old days, some actual working DJ would have chimed in with a what's hot in tha clubs report and K in Kanada would have posted some ill ass VG--- Real Player Soca Bludshtter Braekz. But now it's all down to me.

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SOCA AND CALYPSO IS RUFFLED SLEEVES.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Black Alf Garnett

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    :ewef:

Paging Aleit

It's not for me, I'm afraid.

Jonny Jonny, Aleit listens to exclusively SOUKOUSS, not SOCA. Jeez, if you need me to come over for an intro to Black Music 101 I'll stop by with my Belafonte LPs any time.

• i too tuck it to the left side

• minimini 879 Posts

Kitch: Sugar Bum Bum & Little Drummer Boy
    Constant Fete: How You Jamming so & One Lie
    Les Aiglons: Cadence magma LP has its moments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Love it mayne...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Well, if we're gonna go outside the Soca boundaries. How about some Soca Bhangra???

Trini Chutney Music!!!