Boston halp!

bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Any record spot recommendations in Boston? I have some diggin time on Saturday. I'm struttin on my cell and can't properly use the search function. Halp please.

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    In Your Ear on Commonwealth Ave.

Cheapos on Massachusetts Ave. (sounds weird when you actually write it out like that)

If you have additional time, maybe head over to Skippy White's on Columbus Ave.

• In Your Ear on Commonwealth Ave.

Ask for Reid... he's a good man.

And thorough.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    Any record spot recommendations in Boston? I have some diggin time on Saturday. I'm struttin on my cell and can't properly use the search function. Halp please.

looney tunes on boylston st is sometimes very good. i've found the mamoud ahmed lp, joe pass guitar interludes (2 different times), can- ege bamyasi (german og), tons of jazz all on the cheap here.
    though lately they have been putting their better records on ebay. they also bumped up most soul records to 9.99 from 3.99-5.99 as little as 5 years ago. oh well.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    looney tunes on boylston st is sometimes very good. i've found the mamoud ahmed lp

yo br**, you found an og of this?

peace,xavier

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    they also bumped up most soul records to 24.99 from 9.99 as little as 2 years ago.

• they also bumped up most soul records to 24.99 from 9.99 as little as 2 years ago.

TREWTH.

still, it's worth a visit (hardly any of the other stores in Boston are )

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    hardly, but there's a couple. I swear by IYE till death but you have
    to shop there a lot to get the most out of it. Like most stores. Cheapo's
    is a good spot for out-of-town dudes to hit, too. There's usually a dope
    wall piece or some fresh quality in the new ariivals. "Digging" at Cheapo's
    doesn't pay off the way it once did, though. When it was across the street
    in the basement I would find killer records in a box under a box under a
    shelf all the time.

• hardly, but there's a couple. I swear by IYE till death but you have
    to shop there a lot to get the most out of it. Like most stores. Cheapo's
    is a good spot for out-of-town dudes to hit, too. There's usually a dope
    wall piece or some fresh quality in the new ariivals. "Digging" at Cheapo's
    doesn't pay off the way it once did, though. When it was across the street
    in the basement I would find killer records in a box under a box under a
    shelf all the time.

yeah...those were the two I was referring to with the "hardly". IYE is nice. Cheapo's was hit or miss for me, but I didn't really spend as much time there as at IYE.

So, did you find anything? And more importantly, was it you who grabbed the two hip hop 12"s I hid in the bottom left of the Goodwill on Comm. Ave because I didn't want to buy them and carry them around all day?

• looney tunes prices raer metal cheap though...found a german only Celtic Frost EP for 3 dollars...dude looked at me odd though when I took Celtic Frost and Merry Clayton up to the counter...

• So, did you find anything? And more importantly, was it you who grabbed the two hip hop 12"s I hid in the bottom left of the Goodwill on Comm. Ave because I didn't want to buy them and carry them around all day?

Haha! Champ MC Pete Rock Remix related?

• In Your Ear is a cool spot. I got a few decently priced 45s there. I didn't have enough time to hit up any other spots. I'll be back in the springtime so hide your raers.

So, did you find anything? And more importantly, was it you who grabbed the two hip hop 12"s I hid in the bottom left of the Goodwill on Comm. Ave because I didn't want to buy them and carry them around all day?

Haha! Champ MC Pete Rock Remix related?

Hah! Motherfucker. When I went back, I had a feeling it was you. I assume you also copped the Dres 12"?

• Nah, I left "pardon me" 12"...I think I still have doubles from when it came out.

Right on. Find anything else? Copped those doubles of First Family I bet.

• First Family? Nah, I just got a few cheap 45s that I could use...Nothing crazy though. I wish I had more time to spend in the city. I'll try and make sure I have more free time next business trip.