BLAH-BLAH-BLAGOJEVICH....

funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Anyone else watching this? The dude is nuts.

Comments

• Call him 'the hair'.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

I saw him on Maddow and yes, he is nuts.

• I saw him on Maddow and yes, he is nuts.

He's on MSNBC now, presenting his rebuttal to the Illinois State Senate, and it's a whole lot of:

"I did it for the old people and the infants"

"If anything I cared too much"

"How can you kick me out if you aren't going to go after Ted Kennedy, John McCai, Rahm Emmanuel etc etc etc"

Yep, his Robin Hood defense is pretty lame/flimsy.

And boy does this guy talk A LOT and like a mile a minute. I wish i could watch this live, but streaming vid is not happening at work.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    I love how in a recent interview he mentioned that he thought of Martin Luther King Jr and Ghandi while being arrested.

• Some local Chigago journalist just described this is an "astonishingly disingenuous performance"

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Some local Chigago journalist just described this is an "astonishingly disingenuous performance"

I caught a compilation of Geraldo Rivera's appearances yesterday on a grip of Fox shows fanatically defending Blago(after having his interview w/him cancelled and tracking him down to the parking lot of the View) and getting heated calling the whole thing a miscarriage of justice, a kangaroo court, politics as usual,etc. It was almost enough to make you believe dude....almost.

This whole thing is just catnip for the media, they couldn't have dreamed up a better scenario...just keeps paying out dividends! Beats "All-Caylee-All-the-Time" on Nancy Grace!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Yep, his Robin Hood defense is pretty lame/flimsy.

It's kind of funny if you take it as performance art. Or like a sitcom version of what a crooked politician who's been caught red-handed would try to offer up as a defense.

Except that he's totally serious. Yeesh. I'm laughing at him, but I also want him to hurry up and go away and stop all this bullshit.

b/w

Your avatar is fresh.

• "I did a lot of things that were mostly right."

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

"I did it for the old people and the infants"

(Clay Davis - any measure of personal charisma) + bizarre toupee

• I love how in a recent interview he mentioned that he thought of Martin Luther King Jr and Ghandi while being arrested.

and mandela. dont forget mandela

im almost starting to like dude. he's so f*ckin weird and over the deep end and he's definitely got balls of steel. jeezus christ, his family must be embarassed. or maybe not

• "I did it for the old people and the infants"

(Clay Davis - any measure of personal charisma) + bizarre toupee

Q: What are you reading there Senator?

A: Promethus Bound. An ancient play, one of the oldest we have. About a simple man who was horrifically punished by the powers that be for the terrible crime of trying to bring light to the common people. In the words of... Ascyllius, "No good deed goes unpunished." I cannot tell you how much consolation I find in these slim pages.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    im almost starting to like dude. he's so f*ckin weird and over the deep end and he's definitely got balls of steel.

He's just completely impervious to any logic, morality or common sense. Not really the qualities I'd want in my governor, but he could maybe defend me in court, that is if he wasn't a national laughingstock about to be felon or whatever...

• im almost starting to like dude.

Sayin', bunch of player haters on this site.

• i wonder if hes going to rock that helmet in jail

he'll probably be in minimum security anyway.
    they should stick him in arkham asylum

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I think ?uesto Twitted it best:

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    He's just completely impervious to any logic, morality or common sense.

Blag-O-Logic

• I remember seeing that on TV when I was six. That crooked F*ck should have done that behind closed doors.

I think ?uesto Twitted it best:

Damn, I forgot about Budd Dwyer. What a way to go out

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Call him 'the hair'.

The Daily Show has been calling him "Scum-Dog Million-Hairs"

• oh shit. bud dwyer. what a dick. blago is a good candidate for that, not that id wish it on anybbody, but they should be keeping an eye on him that he doesnt go postal

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    garbage pail kids the sequel

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I like the Daily Show's
    "Scumdog Millionhairs"

Even funnier than Blago was picking up yesterday's paper and seeing an article about providing tax money for overseas birth control/abortions right next to the article about the California woman who gave birth to octuplets.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I don't remember Bud Dwyer at all. I had to Wiki him. I must have been on vacation that week.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    but he could maybe defend me in court

Really? That was one of the worst verbal apologias I've heard since, well, George Ryan several years ago.

• Even funnier than Blago was picking up yesterday's paper and seeing an article about providing tax money for overseas birth control/abortions right next to the article about the California woman who gave birth to octuplets.

How does overseas birth control relate to freak births like octuplets? I mean I see the comparison you're trying to make... And I assume that you're complaining about money going overseas rather than providing local birth control? Don't you think that's a bit of a stretch though? Do you really fail to see the merits of making birth control available to developing populations?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Uh, I think he just found it funny that there was something about birth control next to someone shitting out eight kids.

• Uh, I think he just found it funny that there was something about birth control next to someone shitting out eight kids.

Uh... yeah probably. I think I was a little sour last night... Didn't mean to fly off the handle like that.

Uh, I think he just found it funny that there was something about birth control next to someone shitting out eight kids.

Uh... yeah probably. I think I was a little sour last night... Didn't mean to fly off the handle like that.

Yesterday I read that the woman who spit out the octuplets already had 6 kids!!!