Fake RANE mixers

ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
I've been wanting to pick up a Rane TT56 but there seems to be a lot of speculation and mention of fake mixers without serial numbers or with fake ones.What's the deal? EDIT: I'd like to add the fact that there are currently 2 Rane ttm56 mixers for sale on ebay by people who've bought it from ebay seller " unique_squared_inc " in the past 6 months in both cases.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    fake mixers

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Yeah, I know it sounds odd but it doesn't really surprise me that much given the amount of shady business going on with these and some drum machines in the past couple of years.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Didn't a new 56 just come out?

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    http://www.rane.com/ttm56s.html

BTW, this is from the rane web site:

"Buyer Beware

Please beware that there are companies on the Internet who misrepresent themselves as being authorized dealers for Rane products.

To insure that you receive full value for your investment, please consider the following:

* Verify that the company you are dealing with is an authorized dealer
    o in the US check directly with us (email: [email]info@rane.com[/email] or phone: 425 355 6000)
    o international: check with your in-country distributor.
    * We have been receiving increasing reports of customers who have purchased Rane products without serial numbers. Please be aware that we cannot warranty any products without serial numbers as we have no way of knowing if they are legitimate, counterfeit or stolen.
    * Some units with serial numbers may also be fakes. If in doubt, contact us with the serial number and the dealer name and we can confirm whether or not it is a real Rane product that can be covered under warranty."

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Boy, some people sure do suck. Counterfeiters, for instance.