Decent DJ Mixer Under $200?

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
I don't spin much, so I don't need anything top of the line or for scratching. Just a decent 2 channel mixer with a 3 band equalizer. Any recommendations?B/W: my current mixer is doing that thing where you can faintly hear the second channel when the fader is all the way to the left, and vice-versa. There isn't any way to fix that myself, is there?

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Depending on your mixer you could replace the fader for much cheaper.

• I bought a Stanton SK-2F ltd for 140,- euros a good while ago. They are cheap and decent enough if you can still find one.

• Nah, the fader's built in, I'd have to replace the mixer unless there's some way to screw it open and fix it.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    You can get a can of contact cleaner with lubricant and spray it in there too. Then cut the fader back and forth a few times to work it in. If that doesn't fix it, you'll have to buy a new mixer. Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for a sub $200 mixer.

• Thanks for the tip, I'll give the cleaner a shot.

• I had a cheapo mixer that the cross fader broke on, then I replaced the fader only to have it break again in like a month....same problem as yours but w/ static when it's all the way on the ch. 1 side....wish I had just bought a whole new mixer instead of f*cking around with the fader...