Unreleased Fela w/Koola Lobitos radio broadcasts

willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
http://www.voanews.com/english/africa/blog/index.cfmNot sure how the_Strut feels about the Koola Lobitos period, but thought some of y'all would wanna check this out. Hope it's not too much of a latte pass. I'm lovin some of the horn lines (Fela's on trumpet on these, I'm pretty sure)Also interesting is the song composed by dude's grandfather!

Comments

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Thats a damn serious find. Thanks for posting! It's the first I'm hearing of this too.

• i'm surprised this got so little love...

• Is there a way to download those off of that player? I need these.

• I've always thought the koola lobitos era was interesting to hear, even if not as groundbreaking as his afro-funk material. It's an interesting glimpse.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    Is there a way to download those off of that player? I need these.

This reminds me, I never recieved the promised recordings of your fela tribute show 1 & 2. Let's hook this up.

• You should be able to see direct links to the audio files if you look at the source in the pop-up window.

• Is there a way to download those off of that player? I need these.

This reminds me, I never recieved the promised recordings of your fela tribute show 1 & 2. Let's hook this up.

Oh, you mean my "Red Hot and Riot" play-list as a retarded member of this board once put it? Meet me in the alley behind Vinyl with Chris AC at 2pm.