Obama interview with al arabiya

barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Wow.

Comments

• swagger jacker

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/01/27/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry4754691.shtml

AL ARABIYA: President Bush framed the war on terror conceptually in a way that was very broad, "war on terror," and used sometimes certain terminology that the many people - Islamic fascism. You've always framed it in a different way, specifically against one group called al Qaeda and their collaborators. And is this one way of...

PRESIDENT OBAMA: I think that you're making a very important point. And that is that the language we use matters.[/b] And what we need to understand is, is that there are extremist organizations ??? whether Muslim or any other faith in the past ??? that will use faith as a justification for violence. We cannot paint with a broad brush a faith as a consequence of the violence that is done in that faith's name.[/b]

Finally! Why has it taken so long for someone in power to say stuff like this? I mean, these are basically fundamentals that (I'm pretty sure) we ALL - rich, poor, black, brown, white - learned in kindergarten!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

swagger jacker

But his middle name's not Hussein.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

swagger jacker

But his middle name's not 'Husein'.