jamie foxx doing mayor nutter (philly related)

keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Fast forward to 1:15

"i'm not gonna fall for the banana in the tailpipe"

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Hahahaha... I'd heard about this, good to see the vid. Thanks.

• Grrrrrr.
    Appropriate avatar keithvanhorn.....

Mayor Nutter gets tha gas face

He has really been disappointing in his fleecing methods of late.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

the city is broke. what should he be doing?

• Mayor Nutter gets tha gas face

I'm just salty because he closed a library I used to walk to as a kid.
    and
    School and library and social service cutbacks are atypical in Democratic mayoral Philly tradition and I am surprised by his tactics.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

I'm just salty because he closed a library I used to walk to as a kid.
    and
    School and library and social service cutbacks are atypical in Democratic mayoral Philly tradition and I am surprised by his tactics.

yeah, closing libraries is never a good thing. i just don't know how many alternatives he really has... Nutter is taking the heat for a situation that he inherited and is trying to fix, not one that he created. i feel bad for the poor bastard (hope i'm not feelin' bad for Obama in about a year or so as well)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Who goes to the Library in 2009?

• Who goes to the Library in 2009?

PEOPLE WHO CANNOT AFFORD COMPUTERS/internet service!!!!!!!!!!??? i.e. many of the people in the neighborhoods where libraries were closed

don't play dumb

PEOPLE WHO CANNOT AFFORD COMPUTERS/internet service!!!!!!!!!! i.e. most of the people in the neighborhoods where libraries were closed

don't play dumb

Seriously.

In this day and age where newspapers are dying and people dont even need a cd for music do u actually think the library as an idea, really can withstand the tides of tech change.

Schools are closing. Fire Depts are closing. But somehow the Library is special?

• Who goes to the Library in 2009?

PEOPLE WHO CANNOT AFFORD COMPUTERS/internet service!!!!!!!!!! i.e. most of the people in the neighborhoods where libraries were closed

don't play dumb

Seriously.

In this day and age where newspapers are dying and people dont even need a cd for music do u actually think the library as an idea, really can withstand the tides of tech change.

Schools are closing. Fire Depts are closing. But somehow the Library is special?

Honestly you being contrary is not useful to anyone - obviously schools and fire dept closings are important too however but because you are unfamiliar with recent events and library closings you would say some general shit like that without any purpose or personal stake whatsoever

don't play dumb

Seriously.

Honestly you being contrary is not useful to anyone - obviously schools and fire dept closings are important too however but because you are unfamiliar with recent events and library closings you would say some general shit like that without any purpose or personal stake whatsoever

In general -

Do U think Libraries will continue to exist?

This isnt a personal question.