Worst gig ever share yours

DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
From our local paper I managed to be stupid enough to run into the middle of the riot to try to calm things down got king hit and had 5 dudes attack me and managed to smash quite a few in the face with my torch with the only arm i had free then retreated. Just ended up with a sore nose and a few bruises on my head. In the rush of adrenalin i honestly didn't feel it but am a bit bruised today.What the F*ck is going on in Australia? Please share your worst gig experiences.

Comments

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    wow thats fucked up mang. Glad your okay. They must have been iced out of their heads.

• Holy shit, I don't think I have any bad gigs that come close to that cluster F*ck.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Nothing that bad.

We used to go to a club called Precinct 13 in Manchester and one night 4 local yoot came in with handguns looking for someone; most of the crowd (and the DJ) made a mad break for the fire exits and there was a bit of trampling. But no shots or injuries. Security was always a problem back then.

I played a jazz-fusion gig and the bulk of the audience were intimidated out of the venue by Hells Angels. It was some kind of beer festival IIRC. There was no applause and we counted ourselves lucky that the pint-pots never got airborne.

THEY JUST WEREN'T READY FOR IT.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Nothing that bad.

We used to go to a club called Precinct 13 in Manchester and one night 4 local yoot came in with handguns looking for someone; most of the crowd (and the DJ) made a mad break for the fire exits and there was a bit of trampling. But no shots or injuries. Security was always a problem back then.

So you could say.....

Wait for it........

That there was an Assault on Precinct 13?

• wow thats fucked up mang. Glad your okay. They must have been iced out of their heads.

They were like a pack of dogs. The fuckers wouldn't have the courage to go one on one. It was a massive adrenalin rush for me and about an hour later i felt the most massive comedown from the Adrenalin dump.

Shit could have been worse at least no-one was killed.i just hope justice is served. The bizare thing is that Tibetan Gyuto Monks live across the road from the Hall. it was some cosmic descent into darkness shit going down.

More lovely Australian teenage hijinks from Australia day
    News story

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    NO way?

Any idea about what the motive for this violence might have been? It just doesn't make sense at all!

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

Sorry but couldn't get past the byline. Someone please mail it to Will Ferrell's people.

You mean the name? Hans Lovejoy is THE Name. Dang. Sorry for Threadjackin'...

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I've passed this story onto the Youth peak body since I think it highlights several related issues that they might want to take action on.

Cheers for posting this and I'm really sorry that something like this can put a stop to an event that you've worked so hard at building up.

• NO way?
    Any idea about what the motive for this violence might have been? It just doesn't make sense at all!

There is so much bullshit town to town rivalry in our area and the riot just kicked off with a few small skirmishes and escalated.

Funny thing is i used to be a youth worker and now i would just like to track the little bitches down and hospitalize them individually

Another story from our local area a day later

Argument over barbecues sparks riot at Lennox
    Saffron Howden and Mel McMillan | 27th January 2009
    larger | smaller Print

The chaotic scene near Lake Ainsworth in Lennox Head yesterday as fighting broke out amongst the crowd. Police estimate up to 500 people were involved in the fighting.

Gareth Cody
    SIMMERING tensions between two rival towns and a tug-of-war over barbecues exploded into a drunken brawl involving up to 500 people at Lennox Head during Australia Day celebrations yesterday.

Police officers descended on the Lake Ainsworth foreshore just before 5pm after receiving more than 30 separate calls of complaint that teenagers were drinking heavily.

According to witnesses, by the time police arrived a number of fights had broken out between intoxicated young revellers from Lennox Head and Evans Head.

???A couple of young people were spewing their guts out,??? Gail Clarke, from Nimbin, said.
    ???I???ve seen 120 cops in Nimbin, but I???ve never seen anything like this.???

One long-time Lennox resident, who wanted to be known only as Chris, was appalled by the level of alcohol consumption.

???There were girls paralytic and spewing. They were pretty young,??? he said.

???Alcohol. It???s terrible. Were did they get it all from????

The brawl was triggered in part by arguments over who could use the public barbecues, according to one reveller who said the fighting spoiled anotherwise great day.

Ballina resident Mark Miller said non-locals had gone to Lennox ???and harassed the locals for space???.
    ???They wanted to use the barbecues. It ruined Australia Day,??? he said.

While campers who observed the events unfold praised police for their response to the brawling, some of the young people involved accused the officers of excessive force, including improper use of capsicum spray.

Police had arrested two people by early evening.

Richmond Local Area Command Inspector Nicole Bruce could not say whether they would be charged, or what the charges might be if they were.

???We responded to 500 people brawling down here and lighting fires,??? Inspector Bruce said. ???There were several groups of people brawling and a number of intoxicated persons.???

She said it appeared some were under-age, but police had not identified any of them as yet.

Revellers said the ongoing rivalry between young people from Lennox Head and those from Evans Head was reignited by a pre-Christmas fight.

???Evans Head people came and beat up Lennox Head people in two vans, with four to five people in each van,??? a Lennox local, who identified himself as Matt, said.

Volunteers with the Lennox Head Surf Life Saving Club, who watched from across the road as the afternoon descended into violence, said a number of those involved were clearly under-age.

???It was a huge gathering of very young people with a lot of alcohol,??? surf life saver Tree Beckerleg said. ???Very, very young girls ??? at least 13 years old. Where are their parents????

A camper said the violence was sparked by a small group of ???silly children??? and the day had been mostly relaxed.

Now for a song

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

Funny thing is i used to be a youth worker and now i would just like to track the little bitches down and hospitalize them individually

That's the spirit.