The Recession: Fatter or Skinnier?

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
I'm seriously wondering if in the next 2-4 (!!!!) years if people will get slimmer because they'll walk more and eat smaller portions or get fatter because they're eating the cheapest available food (fast food)?What about smokers? Will smokers smoke more to suppress their hunger? Or due to packs costing so much they start eating?

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I never want to be as bored as you must be right now.

• ban me then beeeeeeaaaaaaarthur.

srsly, DO IT.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Well, I would but RAJ won't let me unleash my real powers until I prove that I can handle the powers that I have. He's holding me back.

God I hate that asshole.

• This was a real discussion I had with my girl at lunch today. This wouldn't matter to you because I guess being awesome is recession-proof.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    hahahahaha, it is indeed. Also I'm a fat ex-smoker, so who knows.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Here's another factor that you may not have considered... people may not be able to afford their gym memberships and yoga and shit anymore and then pork up.

• god you must be bored right now.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    also, poor smokers smoke GPCs instead of quitting. plus smoking helps ease the stress of being poor.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    god you must be bored right now.

yeah sorta.

anyways, when times are tough people also turn to drugs, and junkies are always skinny, so there's that.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Fatter.

• About the same??

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I'm seriously wondering if in the next 2-4 (!!!!) years if people will get slimmer because they'll walk more and eat smaller portions or get fatter because they're eating the cheapest available food (fast food)?

Healthy food comes at a premium. Discount bulk stores often carry cheap but really high calorie foods. However, people will eat out less in favor of home cooking. Even with the premium of healthy groceries it's still cheaper than eating out.

I've already lost some 20 lbs in the last several months.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    /thread