is there anyway this was OG?

karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
look at that picture... i have no idea if this was ever reissued, but that looks so brand new.. the shrink, the cardboard smoothness...???? I hope whoever paid $180 didnt get ripped off!

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    If it really has a promo stamp as advertised thats pretty much irrefutable evidence of its OG-ness.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    That's a lot for that record, OG or not, sealed or not!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

The power of "sealed" is quite amazing.

b/w

$76 for Prince - Purple Rain SEALED MINT

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    The seller has feedback the speaks for itself. And PayPal's got the buyer covered.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

I thought so, too - until Popsike convinced me otherwise.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    yeah, ultimately its gotta be legit, theres no evidence agasinst it, and the seller looks pro. But that pic just weirded me out. the cardboard looks exactly like slick modern glossy white cardboard, ya know?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    yeah, ultimately its gotta be legit, theres no evidence agasinst it, and the seller looks pro. But that pic just weirded me out. the cardboard looks exactly like slick modern glossy white cardboard, ya know?

Well, the sheen off the shrinkwrap does look allow it to appear a tad elastic. But it's not a perfect photo.

• And PayPal's got the buyer covered.

not really, the buyer has to prove it is not original..."the smell test" and "it aint got no brown cardboard inside" will not appease the paypal powers.

I once had a buyer dispute the authenticity of a bootleg John Lennon LP..he claimed it was a pirated version of a "bootleg"(he was fully aware he was bidding on a bootleg), thus not a "real" bootleg...paypal didnt give him anything...

• If it's a sealed original the price is pretty standard - it would be subject to "SEALED RECORD LAW" and (more to the point) it would have a NM insert.