BAPE

RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
im sure this has been covered on ss.....seriously, aside from certain high profile cornballs, who rocks these fake imitation wannabeez ?the new line is a stan smith rip off. the logo always struck me as a rainbow bright type thing.bo bo's were always clowned, i just cant see how fools escaped eternal clowndom for rocking this garbage.shits are corn. green giant all the way. also madfoot !?! the ugliest creations ever, the front toe always seems to curl up in every photo.

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    It baffles me how rich Nigo has become off this hideous stuff.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    No one sports that brand anymore.

It was dead from the start for me, but u did see it for years and now shit is a joke.

• I've seen a couple half decent things from them, but, really, not $200 nice. Most of it is pretty ugly or, worse still, ORDINARY.

Nothing special about most of it.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    I'll rock my Bape toilet paper to death.

Just baffling why any brand would want you to wipe your ass with it. They even went as far as to make 2 colorways. "You gots the 1st generation Bape toilet paper? Oh snap."

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    What is this, 2005?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Oh sniggiddy sniddap, I just took it to 1995.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    gag me with a spoon ('85 related).

• Options
    What a focking joke! I laugh at douche-tards who wear this garbage.

The dude behind Bape is a genius for getting people to buy this trash.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    If you look at the non-patent leather sneakers, and non all-over print items that they make, BAPE do make some really nice (although very pricy) outerwear and clothing. The flashy stuff has really hurt their appeal but I still wear the subtler pieces. Sue me.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Man as much as i hate bape. Nigo has been around in the street fashion scene since the mid 90s and has a huge following of people who support his brand. It's still big in Japan,London and i hate to say batmon NY as well.
    Im like if you want to pay dollars to look like an eight year old be my guest.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    To say that it's still big in Japan is not really accurate. You have a small portion of hardcore dudes that only wear Bape/BBC/Ice Cream and then those who don't at all who are the big majority.

Every time I go to any of the shops here in Tokyo there's always tons of Chinese/Taiwanese tourists and only a few Japanese customers.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    is this yet another thread about hating soulja boy

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    London shop has just closed down. Didn't have a sign saying it was moving anywhere else.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Man as much as i hate bape. Nigo has been around in the street fashion scene since the mid 90s and has a huge following of people who support his brand. It's still big in Japan,London and i hate to say batmon NY as well.
    Im like if you want to pay dollars to look like an eight year old be my guest.

Its not BIG in NYC anymore.

There was a time where i saw alot of high school cats wearin them on the train.

Now I NEVER see them unless its some knock-offs.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    The overpriced T-shirts were the most-observed-in-the-field product in my neck of the woods, the frankly infantile footwear colourways; less so. A lot less.

I still have some Stussy Ts that must be 8-10 years old and they still hang together. Chinese Dragon ish. I promised my son the space invaders one (with LON NY LA TOK as the bases)

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    If you ever go to an N*E*R*D or Clipse gig, you don't need to get directions to the venue. Just follow the BAPE from the Tube station.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

I still have some Stussy Ts that must be 8-10 years old and they still hang together. Chinese Dragon ish.

Maroon? Small silver square on the chest, dragon on the back? Pwned.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts

I still have some Stussy Ts that must be 8-10 years old and they still hang together. Chinese Dragon ish.

Maroon? Small silver square on the chest, dragon on the back? Pwned.

Nah, one black, one grey, same print:

Front, centre: green dragon chasing it's tail into a circle, yellow circle in the middle of this with "??" in centre (well, actually, 2 capital S's facing each other, overlapping, but there isn't a character for it)

Back: Same thing but 3 times bigger.

Proper swag like, not snide. From a Bondi surf-shop IIRC. Same place I got my Globe "Chet Thomas" skate shoes. Happy days. Stussy always seemed to get the details right. I am disconnected with the current range; mainly because I can design my own now for less than ??40 a go.