Illa J "Yancey Boys" instrumentals

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Cot damn! My homegirl sent me over the files for this project they're having me do and I'm just blown away with almost every beat on here. Can't believe these beats never came out and are 10+ years old without sounding lame. I think it drops soon or already did.

Comments

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i am still not convinced about illa j though

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    10 year old dilla instrumentals > Illa J's rappin

• Yeah I haven't heard the vocal version and I wish I could say "yo he might be good so I'm not going pre-judge the kid" but yeah....

These beats are so right.

• Dying to get the instro, but i will say that there's some heat on the vocal version... "We Here" is a stand out for me.

• Yancey Boys was one of my favorite releases last year.
    I will be copping the instros as soon as I can.

Vintage Jay Dee beats, how can you go wrong?

• yeah, first i was dissing on Illa J because all he had was Dillas shine but after listening to the LP i really liked it!
    was one of my 10 fav releases for 2008, too!

sounds like a modern soul record with the vocals.
    have to get the instros, too!!

• Yancey Boys is good because of the beats... I would say that Illa J is a good rapper especially for his age, but he is young and I think that as he matures he is going to become real dope. I matures into being humble like his brother.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    "Timeless" is amazing, both beat and vocals. I don't like everything on the album, I know dilla is but some of the beats sound a little dated. Others like the "Timeless" one have aged really well...cosine on "We Here"...

• Official Yancey Boys X King Most Instrumental Megamix

Just got the "okay" to post this. A quick mix on some of the beats available from instrumental version of this album. I think the release MIGHTT be digi-only though.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Word checking this now. I have to say after re-listening to the album illa j's voice is growing on me a little