mystery old school beat - DO YOU RECOGNIZE IT???

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
i may have poasted this long ago, i don't remember... i may have even gotten the answer, i forget... does anybody know what this record is that Afrika Bambaataa is playing? i can't recall ever hearing this anywhere except for on this tape. i doubt that it's very rare, so i'm hopeful that someone will know it... please don't make me but i will if i have to

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I never heard it but it sounds like a Gary Numan joint.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I never heard it but it sounds like a Gary Numan joint.

you know what, you might be right... I know "Cars" is him but I don't recall that other one. let me check my Gary Numan schitt right quick

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I think it is Gary Numan - Bombers

I only own Pleasure Principle and Telekon.

It might be from the Dance/I,Assassin/Warriors albums which seems in line w/ the year of that jam. 81-83?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    It is on the Pleasure Principle album

here's an mpfree link
    http://www.joedevivre.com/images/Gary%20Numan%20-%20Bombers.mp3

game over

Bombers isnt on my OG vinyl of Pleasure Principle.

It was a single from the Tubway Army years.

It was added to Pleasure Principle -

'The track was included as a bonus track on various CD re-releases of The Pleasure Principle, as well as on an expanded version of Numan's live album Living Ornaments '79, where it appeared as the first of three songs utilising the same CR-78 preset drum pattern'