Sealed Latin Record Help

jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Anyone know what these sound like? Im trying to sell these but theyre all sealed and I couldnt find any info on the web. wasnt sure if sealed Latin records are a good thing so if anyone can add some info on these that would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Wilkins is funky vocal pop with cool intros a la many Latin records. Velvet and TCH or whatever are suspect labels in terms of good spins, so I'd just slang em. The Latin Soul record and the last pic left upper and right lower look like they got potential.

• One rule of thumb I use with unknown Latin records is that if the word "amor" appears in three or more of the song titles, I put it back.
    That said I don't know most of those titles. I do know that most Oscar D'Leon records are pretty much the same which is decent, but not great, salsa.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    These might be late 70s salsa (and pop) from Miami.

Which is just not as sought after as NYC salsa.

Oscar D'Leon is a big star and his stuff is always a good listen.

Sealed promos? They razored the shrink and stamped them promo it looks like.

Sorry I can't help.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    How much for the Porfi?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Sealed promos? They razored the shrink and stamped them promo it looks like.
    Unfortunately stamp ink doesn't usually stick to shrink wrap....., still a pretty way of doing things.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    One rule of thumb I use with unknown Latin records is that if the word "amor" appears in three or more of the song titles, I put it back.

Real talk

If a Jamaican LP has the trifecta of "Yellow Bird", "Jamaica Farewell" and "Mary Ann"......put it back.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    You fools are sleeping. Or just ain't got no romance in you.

That said, this line up looks terdly. List under moody loops and funky salsa.

But I would kill for the instrumentals of the entire Velvet catalog.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I'd grab that Cana Brava lp....

whats the prices for them?

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Hey Justin, If this helps, I've sold that "La Zarzamora" lp a couple of times for $50.00 to $60.00 mark.
    It's mainly romantica, but there is a pretty nice long break on that lp(not that it matters or anything).
    Also, this was about 8 or 9 years ago too.

Hope that helps and I've seen these "promo stamp" records before. They usually just cut out part of the shrink wrap and stamp it right where the cut is.

Peace homie and how's the fam ?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Some of those are on ebay and other sites now.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yo Rey - you already have that Porfi? Flip your used copy to me after you "seal" up.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Yo Rey - you already have that Porfi? Flip your used copy to me after you "seal" up.

Nah, I don't have a copy yet. But I'll let you know if I'm ever trying to get rid of a copy.

• Hermanitas Corona is awful.
    Osacar de Leon, I like and its a classic, but its also common, should get maybe $20 for a sealed copy.
    Polo Marquez I don't know.
    Los Tropicalientes, if I remember correctly its all instrumental, I didn't like it.
    Conjunto Universal is late 70s salss, pretty average.
    Porfi Jimenez is probably the best in your lot, should be able to get $75 for a sealed copy.
    Mirtha, never seen it.
    Zarzamora, I don't know it.
    Wilkins, I believe that's his first album, I'm not into it at all (think a 80s Julio Iglesias/Luis Miguel vibe), but I know people collect that stuff, might be worth something to them.
    Cana Brava, might be good, they were very popular at one point.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    thank you for the help... ill pop open the zarzamora and the cana brava when i get home and see if they sound good.