Obama's Gospel-like speeches..

OrangeYoghurtOrangeYoghurt 210 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
They bore me already, who's with me?I do want to give him a chance to prove himself, but even Bush was against "policing the world" and more war when he first started out. We know how that ended..Words like "Change" can be interpreted in many ways, I never hear him say something conclusive.And many calling him the "world leader" isn't too appealing to me as well.I hope I won't get banned for speaking out. It;s not a bl. vs wh. thing. I just donlt get why people in America rather follow and believe empty slogans like "change" instead of the things ron paul says.

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    why people in America rather follow and believe empty slogans like "change" instead of the things ron paul says.

And there we have it

• Day 3...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    My roommate is a total Ron Paul fanatic. I try have a discussion with him now and again, but how can you even talk about politics with someone who thinks all politicians are evil and that the first thing Obama should do is prosecute Bush? (Hint: You can't.)

• netherlands

• netherlands

Yes you're right. But Barack "Husein" Obama is being called the "world leader" already. Which in a way sounds discomforting to me. The dollar crisis even had it's effects over here... so. I do have the right to speak out don't I?

Peace.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    netherlands

Yes you're right. But Barack "Husein" Obama is being called the "world leader" already. Which in a way sounds discomforting to me. The dollar crisis even had it's effects over here... so. I do have the right to speak out don't I?

Peace.

If he's not a world leader to u - no problem.

Your actually responding to what the media has claimed. Wait and see what he does and form your own opinion.

Why is Hussein in quotations? I thought u said it wasnt about this stuff?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Why is Hussein in quotations?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    why people in America rather follow and believe empty slogans like "change" instead of the things ron paul says.

And there we have it

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    this dude BEEN making clown posts from day one.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    give it up to the Euroman

"I'm not a racist like Americans - we just hate Turks"

GTFOHWTBS

• Why is Hussein in quotations?

• "Gospel-Like" is sounds-like code for the N-Bomb.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    netherlands

Barack "Husein" Obama is being called the "world leader" already. Which in a way sounds discomforting to me.

You can speak out all you want. In the Free Mason thread.

Why does Obama being called world leader discomfort you more than Bush being called world leader? Is it the "Husein" thats got you shook?

For as long as I can recall the press has refered to the PotUSA as world leader or "leader of the free world".

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    How can this dude be bored of someone's speeches, when he sounds like he's never even really listened to one? I mean, asking 'whats he got besides change,' even republicans dropped that one months ago. Dude is clearly not paying attention, and 'gospel-like' is really pretty bad.

Also, foreigners bigging up Ron Paul is comedy...

You know when I read the subject the only gospel like speech I could think of was the Iowa Victory Speech. And I never would have thought to have called it gospel like.

A preacher he aint.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    You know when I read the subject the only gospel like speech I could think of was the Iowa Victory Speech. And I never would have thought to have called it gospel like.

A preacher he aint.

All Black People (Sound Exactly Alike)

b/w

Orange Asshurt

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    empty slogans

A substantive, nuanced speech that you've apparently never seen:

• empty slogans

That speech was neither substantive nor nuanced. It was, however, supremely cynical.

If you remember this 'race' speech was given in response to the release of those tapes with rev wright acting the fool. The problem is no-one gave a F*ck about wright being black, they wanted to know why obama decided to go to a f*cking crazy church which teaches that the government invented aids and a whole bunch of other insane bullshit. He evaded it by delivering this platitudinous piece of shit speech knowing that the best way to end a conversation is to make it about race. It was a blatant attempt to change the subject and he disgustingly equated the woman who raised him with a racist, conspiracy theorizing lunatic to do it.

• please remember, the speeches are all written by a speechwriter. he's a young guy, spends days and monthes writing these things. he researches them and bases them partially on reinterpreted vernacular and idiom of classic speeches of the past. quite a hip hop pursuit isn't it.

anyway, let me find that article on the speech writer.

• here we are. meet jon favreau, 27 year old speechwriter extraordinaire.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jan/20/barack-obama-inauguration-us-speech

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I loved his work on Swingers.

• Why is Hussein in quotations?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I loved his work on Swingers.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    please remember, the speeches are all written by a speechwriter.

No, not all of them, and especially not the Philadelphia speech.

I'd directly respond to Dolo, but that alias is clearly having too much fun hitting and splitting. I'll only stoop to this - and it's not to him but around him - it's always been a head-scratcher when confronted with the GOP logic behind their deliberate misunderstanding of the "White Grandmother" line. When used in context, their interpretation of Obama-as-serial-Toot-hater makes absolutely no sense. Deliberate misrepresentation - that of the grannies-under-buses variety - is exactly the sort of small-ball politics that lost the righties the election. Keep playing semantic games, Republicans, and you won't have a shot at 2010 or 2012 no matter how bad the economic arc is. Good luck with that cosmeticized pig.

It's like David Brooks was rapping: y'all need to do more deletin' and less savin'.

By the way: I'm going to see Brooks speak in my hometown (Wheaton) in a few weeks. I'm formulating my own questions, but what are some of yours for one of the Gray Lady's finest?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Speech writer is a weird job. I mean, if I was such a great speech writer I would want to be the one giving the speeches. And how do you convince people to let you speak? well, thats your job to figure out, speech writer guy.

I have yet to see details of how Obama works with his speech writer.

They say Clinton would write his speeches, give it to the speech writers, then began a long back and forth of rewriting.

I think Bush received his speeches which were then edited by committee.

They bore me already, who's with me?

I do want to give him a chance to prove himself, but even Bush was against "policing the world" and more war when he first started out. We know how that ended..

Words like "Change" can be interpreted in many ways, I never hear him say something conclusive.

And many calling him the "world leader" isn't too appealing to me as well.

I hope I won't get banned for speaking out. It;s not a bl. vs wh. thing. I just donlt get why people in America rather follow and believe empty slogans like "change" instead of the things ron paul says.

I like your name change.

• empty slogans

That speech was neither substantive nor nuanced. It was, however, supremely cynical.

If you remember this 'race' speech was given in response to the release of those tapes with rev wright acting the fool. The problem is no-one gave a F*ck about wright being black, they wanted to know why obama decided to go to a f*cking crazy church which teaches that the government invented aids and a whole bunch of other insane bullshit. He evaded it by delivering this platitudinous piece of shit speech knowing that the best way to end a conversation is to make it about race. It was a blatant attempt to change the subject and he disgustingly equated the woman who raised him with a racist, conspiracy theorizing lunatic to do it.

"The problem is no-one gave a F*ck about Wright being Black"