Seattle folks, get at me plaese

JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
hi.i'm takin the little lady on a trip to seattle next month for a few days. hotel recommendations (in the $100-$150/night-ish range, near downtown, pref walking distance to touristy shit), rackord shops, cluuurrrrb and nice restaurant recommendations are all welcome. (as are links to threads that already have this information)thanks!

Comments

• Hey - these should both be in your price range, nice locations, and aren't run of the mill chain joints.

Ace Hotel - pretty trendy, but affordable and great location. about 5 blocks from the pike's market.

Mar Queen - very near the space needle but about a mile from downtown tourist stuff. close to lot's of food options and right around the corner from a cool record shop.

beyond these, i'd prolly just holler at priceline or something and see if you can find a deal.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    February in Seattle, ahhhh...how beautiful!

the F you thonking holmz? Complete polar opposite half-birthday of when you want to be here...

That being said, I suggest:

Edgewater: get the Zepplin red snapper suite...Beatles angler room...do this.

Ace/Max/W/Monaco: Seattle's attempts at the standard or something; finsta convince ourselves that we're major...they probably have some deals going, in this season/economy. They're all nice (and cool enough to be cool enough).

Not sure if you're familiar with Seattle, but it's easy to walk, with 15 minutes in a cab/bus being enough to get you from anywhere you want to be to anywhere else you want to be

...but February? Really?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    We had a hard time finding a hotel room under $100.00 a few years ago. So we chose a bed & breakfast instead.

Stayed at a great place on Capitol Hill.

Capitol is a happening upscale district with a few record stores. You can hike downtown or hop on a bus.

Here are 2 good out of town day trips:
    Ferry to Vancouver Island (if it is still running). If not a ferry to any where. Cheap date is half hour ferry across to Bremerton. Don't get off the ferry, nothing to see there, just stay on board and ride it back. Or take a ferry to any of the island towns Port Townsend.

Portland - 3 hours by car a little longer by train. All the good record shopping is here.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    the alexis hotel on first ave is dope and affordable in feb. 5 blocks from pike place one way and a few blocks from pioneer square the other way and 3 blocks to the water front. also, the buses that run up first will take you just about wherever you want to go - or at least connect with the ones that do... seattle weather in feb is the same as it is the rest of the year (sans august and september)...

and laserwolf is right, better records in portland. however, there is a seattle shop in fremont called jive time, its a collectors store, but the prices aren't too crazy... i'll be back in the town in feb as well...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

The Edgewater and mud sharks are featured on Zappa & Mothers Filmore East New Years Eve 1971.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts

The Edgewater and mud sharks are featured on Zappa & Mothers Filmore East New Years Eve 1971.

on sale now at Jive Time in Fremont

THE CIRCLE IS COMPLETE

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    thanks for the recommendations, i'm letting the girlie pick from a few hotel options.
    as far as weather-- we weren't planning on sunbathing, the rain isn't a worry.
    i live in san diego, i have nice weather whenever i want. a couple days of rain never hurt anyone.

i'm sure we're capable of finding a decent restaurant and plenty of shit to do-- but any food experiences/recommendations are definitely welcome.

thanks again dudes.