BUSH DEPARTING...DID ANYONE SEE THIS?

pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
I didn't, but I'd heard that as Bush and co. left the White House today, quite a few people were merrily chanting "na na na na...na na na na...hey hey hey...GOODBYE!"

Comments

• I didn't, but I'd heard that as Bush and co. left the White House today, quite a few people were merrily chanting "na na na na...na na na na...hey hey hey...GOODBYE!"

I did. They were talking on MSNBC while the helicopter was taking off and you could hear it very clearly in the background.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I didn't, but I'd heard that as Bush and co. left the White House today, quite a few people were merrily chanting "na na na na...na na na na...hey hey hey...GOODBYE!"

that was a predominant scene. I will remember that more than anything, him getting on the helicopter and waving goodbye.

• I didn't, but I'd heard that as Bush and co. left the White House today, quite a few people were merrily chanting "na na na na...na na na na...hey hey hey...GOODBYE!"

I did. They were talking on MSNBC while the helicopter was taking off and you could hear it very clearly in the background.

YEAH. THAT HAPPENED.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Awesome.

Is there a video of this online?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

About half way but he's booed throughout.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I had the sound off.

But seeing him board the copter is the high point of my day.

I childishly gave the tv screen the finger, then waved good by.

It is kind of sad people booed when he was announced at the capitol and nanaheyheyed him. Oh well, tough luck I guess.

• It is kind of sad people booed when he was announced at the capitol and nanaheyheyed him. Oh well, tough luck I guess.

how is that "sad"?

• i would love to see footage of people throwing their shoes at the white house last night

• It is kind of sad people booed when he was announced at the capitol and nanaheyheyed him. Oh well, tough luck I guess.

how is that "sad"?

for real. he's lucky he didnt get more shoes. or eggs

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

It is kind of sad people booed when he was announced at the capitol and nanaheyheyed him. Oh well, tough luck I guess.

how is that "sad"?

Dan respects the office, not the man.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

They said it was bad form but F*ck him. He's shamed our nation. His arrogance and stupidity have trashed this nation. I wish someone would have gone up and kicked him in the nuts. I wish Obama would have kicked him in the nuts.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    that poor man.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    hey...you reap what you sow

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

They said it was bad form but F*ck him. He's shamed our nation. His arrogance and stupidity have trashed this nation.

He had considerable help with that. Including all the folks who voted for him in 2000 and 2004.

how is that "sad"?

Check.

If being a Christian means loving your enemies and forgiving perhaps Obama is our first Christian president.

Last night he had a dinner in McCain's honor.
    He has been saying nice things about Cheney. (Though he slammed them pretty hard in the inaugural address.)
    Kept Gates, made Clinton SoS, and on and on.

I wish I had that ability to embrace enemies and to forgive.

If I did I wouldn't boo, nana, or throw shoes at a departing president.

They said it was bad form but F*ck him. He's shamed our nation. His arrogance and stupidity have trashed this nation.

He had considerable help with that. Including all the folks who voted for him in 2000 and 2004.

No need to blame a grandma in Indiana for his failings.

Now the Supreme Court 2000, those guys (and SDO) have loads to apologize for.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    F*ck him.

• made Clinton SoS,

keep your enemies closest. now she actually has to follow his orders. in the senate, who knows what she might have done.

Ummmm...f*ck them too.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

how is that "sad"?

Check.

If being a Christian means loving your enemies and forgiving perhaps Obama is our first Christian president.

He has been saying nice things about Cheney. (Though he slammed them pretty hard in the inaugural address.)

NEWSFLASH: They aren't "enemies".

But yes, I too am happy to see Bush replaced by Obama.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

No need to blame a grandma in Indiana for his failings.

For as much as government can do and must do, it is ultimately
    the faith and determination of the American people upon which
    this nation relies.

• REST IN PISS.

how is that "sad"?

Check.

NEWSFLASH: They aren't "enemies".

But yes, I too am happy to see Bush replaced by Obama.

True he hasn't appointed Osama Bin Laden anything, or invited Chavez to lunch... yet.

But, compared to someone like me who gave Bush's image in on tv the finger, I would say he is doing a better job of setting aside childish things.

REST IN PISS.

Where is this pic from? Not the White House. Did he leave from the Capitol? Did the copter do a fly by that low?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

REST IN PISS.

"So long! Lose this number! Never visit!"

• for real...
    "BE OUT!!!"

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Just me or does Cheney look like a villain from some comic movie?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    BUSH =

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts